Luggage Delivery From Door To Airport

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sanjuruby3, Aug 23, 2022.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    In my india trip, I ahve accumulated lot of luggage that i can not carry along for my further domestic travel.
    Is there any way to have it delivered to Delhi airport ( which is many hours away) from my city, without bothering family much. Also charges esmtd.

I heard about carterX with some bad reviews

2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Can you make the domestic travel by car and take the luggage with you. ( Get a taxi, even uber will do )

When I went to India the weight allowed in international flight and domestic was night and day. I ended up paying more for the overweight luggage ( per the domestic carrier ), than the ticket price. On the way back took a car from my city to the airport in city pf the international departure and it was a breeze. Cheaper, convenient and didn't lose much in time either ( if you calculate the trip to/from the airport and the weighting time, security check etc ).

I don't plan on taking the domestic flight again when I travel back home.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. sanjuruby3

So in my case, from current location to another in-laws location, domestic travel allowance is really less.
    So i can not carry much there. Then from inlaws to international airport, domestic flight - same case.

So I plan to ship luggage from current location to international airport directly. Unless I will have to fly back to my parents house for luggage ( then meet H at international airport) which my H wont like. As he will have to take care of 2 kids and pack everything for longer travel

4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Another method I have used in the past is drop the luggage with private bus travels ( Should have buses going from your city to the destination city ). The luggage will be held in their office at the destination city and we can pick it from there on an agreed date.

5. sanjuruby3

Yes I did that once in the past.. it worked well, however it needed lot of coordination, as i had to be at the airport outside when bus comes to drop, and phone needed to be working. Also the driver guy took awful lot of bribe. From source city, my sister dropped the package + ticket price which was not cheap, then at delivery point at airport.
    Guy did not mention that he already got the bribe equal to ticket price ( 1700Rs).
    .anyways, that may not work now, earlier my sister work place was near that bus stop so she could stay in touch.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Do you need everything with you in India? You can arrange to send the extras directly to US, if a friend is willing to keep it for you. I shipped via Indian postal service and I could travel light after that.
    If you are at the end of your trip then you could even directly send to your own US address. My boxes took a couple of weeks to arrive.

7. sanjuruby3

How do you ship excess baggage to US address? There is a service i recently saw on google, something like excesscarry etc, that ships directly to the international airport and you fetch from there.