1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lucky Dip-a Revenge Story

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by teenulahari, Nov 26, 2018.

1. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

This funny incident happened in my fourth standard. It was a Sunday morning and me and Reehana (my best friend) were playing with our kitchen sets in our verandah. Just than V.R.Mounika (not so best friend) came to us and told about a lucky dip.:)
    Each one has to give five rupees to participate. Our names will be written in chits and will be put in a jar. Chits will be drawn on Saturday and lucky winner would get a watch (1st winner), a snake design ring (second) and a pencil box (third). Others will get consolation prices” she said.

V.R.MOUNIKA
    - I don’t know why but ever since I first met her I don’t have a very good impression :mad:on her( I think I met her in my kg class). She always used to boast a lot about her dresses, toys, her hair, her fingers (yes fingers, always she used to show her long fingers with painted nails and say that she has the most beautiful fingers and the most beautiful hair in our gang:smirk:). I agree that she had a long hair but it wasn’t that pretty. She was the tallest girl in our class and she was also learning Bharatanatyam (yes, I agree that she was a good dancer but always she used to dance only for “Sagara Sangamam – OM Namah Shivaya song:scream:) and also she used to get god grades in our class. So, imagine how proud she would be for being the most eligible 4th standard girl.:hollering:
    Our Gang:
    Me, Reehana, V.R.Mounika, K.R.Bavani (always sleepy:sleep:) and Priya (a calm girl who always loves everything in yellow. Her bands, clips, slippers, bag and water bottle everything used to be yellow)
    Continuation:
    We were very impressed and told about it to Bavani and Priya. Somehow all us managed to get five rupees from our moms. We went to Taj Angadi (shop) and enquired about the lucky dip. We gave him the money and got our names written in chits. We eagerly waited for the Saturday to arrive. In the meantime the lucky dip became a hot topic in our class and everyone were secretly hoping to be the winners.
    My excitement doubled on Friday night. “ I wish I get the snake design ring”, I told to myself remembering Abrar’s (my classmate) words in the class that snack design rings have super powers and can make any wish come true.
    (But I didn’t know that someone else was also dreaming about the ring) hummmmmm……….

Saturday arrives::cheer:
    As per our plan we all got ready by 8:30 am and went to Taj Angadi. There was a small gathering of children before the shop, all were awaiting for the moment. Our faces lit up when we saw Abbas bhai (the shop owner) with the glass jar in which the chits were placed. He understood our excitement and made no delay in declaring the winners. He shacked the jar up and down and asked one of us to pick 3 chits from it. A girl came forward and took out chits. He asked her to read the names aloud.
    “Roshan” she called out the name twice. Then, a young boy of our age group came forward from the group of boys who were standing opposite to us. His friends cheered for him and he was given a plastic watch.
    “Lahari” she called out my name and my joy knew no bounds. I was given The GREAT SNACK DESIGN RING WHICH CAN FULFIL ANY OF MY WISH, holding it in my hand I was on the cloud nine…:number_one:
    Priya got the third prize and she was given a yellow pencil box. She was very happy. Actually everyone in our gang were very happy:beer-toast1: except V.R.Mounika who couldn’t digest the fact that she couldn’t win the ring and so started crying faking a severe head ache.:crybaby2:

In The Class Room:
    Everyone in the class were looking me with awe as I moved towards my seat:cool: along with my bestie Reehana who now became my body guard. Some asked me to show the ring and some just stood away and made some stupid comments. Many offered me chocolates, story books in exchange of that ring. But, I didn’t pay a heed to them.
    My class teacher, my seniors, my juniors everyone asked me about the ring and it became very difficult for me to manage this crazy fan following:rolleyes:. Thanks to Reenu who was very supportive that time.
    By the end of school time V.R.Mounika came with a proposal that she would give her new bracelet if I would give her the ring. But I didn’t agree:rolleyes:. Later she came with many more offerings but nothing changed my mind. And so she stopped talking to me.:boxing:
    (Meanwhile, Me and Reenu tried to explore the magic of the ring:banana:. We tried many tricks standing before the mirror, before the wall, before our dog, on my granny’s hair but nothing worked:BangHead:. Later my dad explained that its a fake ring and I was very upset. :oops:)

The Next Day:
    It was nearly Lunch time. Me and Reenu were very hungry. We were sitting in the last bench (it was a leisure hour) and so we started eating chocolates. Just then V.R.Mounika ( she was also the class leader) saw us and showed us a lunch box near our bench and said that it’s her lunch box and we can eat it as she is going home in the afternoon.
    We felt very happy:D and started eating the Idlies in the box (it was very delicious with some white chutney). As we were relishing the taste we heard a loud voice from our back,:yikes: it was our class teacher with a pane and two girls were standing on either side of her. One is Pinky :nut:the new girl crying and the second one is V.R. with a villainy smile:grinning-smiley-048:. She showed us to the teacher and said,
    “Madam, see how they are eating Pinky’s luch box. These two girls are very naughty and I am unable to control them”.
    :facepalm:Everyone were looking at us and I don’t remember what happened next ( I think we received some nice IDLIES from our teacher:smash2:).
    In our home I was fed Idlies daily as a punishment for a week:shakehead:.

:argue:(Meanwhile I stopped talking to V.R.)

The Patch UP:
    One Sunday morning as Me and Reenu were playing V.R. came to our house and everyone in our family were looking shocked to see her:yikes: ( as all knew that now we’re enemies). She came to me, gave me an ICE CREAM, kissed on my cheeks:p and went away. Everyone were surprised at her gesture and started a laughing.

And that’s how our fight ended. How is it??:biggrin:

Thank U
    Love
    Teenu;).

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wow such a cute ending :hearteyes::smilingimp:.. Enjoyed reading every bit of it.. Childhood memories are the best ones ever

teenulahari likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ...very entertaining narrative. :thumbup: Enjoyed reading ... I was wondering how come someone remembered what happened in 4th std but if that incident involving eating someone else lunch box and being punished with the same food for a week then how can anyone forget ...
    This cracked me up ... good one :clapclap:

teenulahari likes this.
  4. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

5. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Mistt and sindmani like this.
  6. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

And also @kaniths.. thank you for your like

kaniths likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Eventually ice cream thrusted on your hands melted away the enemity between PR & Teenu lehari.
    2. I believe it was not a truce but cordial warming up in later years. You have dug deep impression with this imprint.
    3. A tad nostalgic for your followers in IL & in your friend’s circle in real world.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless us All Always.

teenulahari likes this.
  8. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your lovely FB post @Thyagarajan sir. Have a great day ahead. :). Bye!

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha I would ave loved to be fed idlis for a week if they are accompanied by spicy chutney and delicious sambhar. Delicious blog.

teenulahari likes this.
  10. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

@Balajee thank you for your delicious comment