Low sperm count and motility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by kenny, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

Ladies im really shoked and devastated to see my dh's semen analysis report yesterday.i had been undergoing various routine check ups all this while...and the only probblem i had was a little raised prolactn which my doctor said was nothing problematic and gets settled with medicines and was just excited to have a baby...Hell broke lose when my dh got his SA done..
    he is having 0 motility and only 0.5 million sperm count(normal range is above 60)...
    i am just speechless...
    Though i have been boosting up my dh and being with him...and trying to show him that everything will fall in place...im just broken down myself completely...Dont know any success stories ...He wil be going to his urologist today ...Can anyone guide me whether any success is there to treat this...
    can it be improved with medicines...??or IVF is the only resort(im apprehensve about that also...since it also doesnt have any guarantee....
    what can be done in such a situation??will i never be pregnant??any measure to improve the count and motility??
    why all kind of problems come to us only.i am so upset...we both love kids so much and all we get is this??can any one guide plz plz plz...

2. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Oh..i can understand your pain.
    My DH also has motility problem.Last sept we found that he has issues on his semen.Motility was 30%.And doctor prescribed zinc tablets for 6 months.But i swear we found no improvement.We repeat the SA during feb 2011,and it was 10%.I am not telling to scare you and dint mean that the medications wont work out.Just sharing our experience.
    Ppl recommends for ice(cubes or water) massage to the testis which improves the blood circulation and so the motility.But this is temporary and can be done only before IC to improve the motility.It will not be a permenant solution.
    Let him consult with the urologist and wait for other ILs reply.
    Just be supportive to each other.
    When you have no other option,you can prefer IVF with ICSI.
    Pray to God!

tc

3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Kenny,

First things first, God alone can have the final word on whether you will or will not get pregnant...and trust me, He will not let you lack in anything.

Secondly, i suggest you consult a reputed and qualified andrologist before coming to any conclusion. You cannot come to any conclusion based on just one SA report. The first time my hubby took an SA the result was less than 20 million. I just bought some OTC Himalaya tablets (Speman, i think) for him and we tested again after 4-5 months and the sperm count was 70 million. Am not sure if this is because of the tablets or just a flawed first test result.My hubby still has problems with motility (only 5% even though overall sperm count is 70million) and i am suffering from oopause (poor ovarian reserve)...we've been advised that ICSI is our only option. But, am trusting God to help us with a natural conception. My hubby is currently taking some homeopathic medicines to improve his motility and we will be testing in a couple of weeks' time to see if there is any improvement.

Practically speaking, there is very little in allopathy to cure a man's infertility. I've heard of ayurvedic treatments that *can* help, but am not sure. We've chosen to go the homeopathy way...it remains to be seen how effective it is as homeopathy could take a while to show improvement. So, am not in a position to recommend any alternative treatment for you.

When we saw the first SA, it hit us really hard, especially my husband. But, you're doing the right thing in motivating him and helping him realize that his manhood is not just in his 'equipment'! Don't worry too much right now...everything will fall in place at the God-appointed time.

Stay strong and in good courage.

Regards,
    Carol

4. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

thank u baby hopes and cj1980.....
    i dont know where to go....whom to talk...cant even share it out with any body....wish things work out....some miracle happens...but cj 1980 do u think i shud also buy speman tablets for my dh...was just going through on the net and they said they increase the motility and nmbe of sperms too...are there any side effects....can any one suggest a good andrologist/urologist and a good ayurvedic doctor in delhi?can both allopathy/ayurvedic can go hand in hand?is there are cure with ayurvedic...do le me know about ur homeo treatement after u do the SA again...so we can also start it...God hep us and show us some ray of hope....:drowning

5. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

HI kenny

nothing to worry at all

ayurvedic treatment will work out in this case and there is nothing at allll to be worried.

but i know the doctor in hyderabad...who had 100% results in increasing the sperm count.I myself have seen few cases wen I was at him.

may be u can get good doctor in delhi.

have faith and go on..u will succeed one day.

6. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Kenny,

Am really not sure if it was Speman which helped improve my husband's sperm count or other factors like improper sample or test results. Doctors generally advise at least 2-3 SA to come to any firm conclusion. As far as the motility, Speman didn't improve it in any way. But i can tell you that there were no adverse side effects. I suggest you consult an andrologist and check with him about such drugs. Again, no two doctors will ever agree on anything, especially if they come from different streams like allopathy and ayurveda!

I have no clue about doctors in delhi...i hope some IL from delhi responds to your requests. Meanwhile, try to Google for doctors with good reviews and recommendations.

I will definitely let you know if our homeopathy treatment is showing any positive results. Meanwhile, have faith in God and ask Him to give you the wisdom and strength to deal with this situation as a couple. God says He will work all things for good to those who love Him...so be strong and expect good things to happen in your life and your future.

Regards,
    Carol

7. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

@ amul- i just hope what u r saying is true...and i find a good dr in delhi...plz ladies help me with a good infertlity ayurvedic /allopathic dr who is not commercial....
    @carol-thanks for ur speedy response...i feel only after consulting some good dr should we try any medciines..not on our own...so thinking of visiting one...hope our urologist gives some ray of hope today...im just very scared...and also tensed for my dh as to what he would be going thru too...its a tough phase...Wish god helps us...
    other ilites plz help if u have any suggestions...and als tell me about good ayurvedic/allopathy drs in delhi

8. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kenny,

Don't always come to conclusion with one SA report. Stress plays important role in SA report. Not all the men are comfortable to give their samples. SA report varies from time to time. Last year my DH's morphology was 1%, this year its 3% & another time its 0%. So try to redo the test after few months.

Consult urologist and follow some home remedies. Search for 'home remedies to improve sperm count' in this forum. Spinach and soaked badam helps to improve sperm count.

You will surely conceive. Will pray for you!

9. vchan

vchan New IL'ite

Please read my own thread here :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...conceive/132777-ivf-confused-n-shattered.html

Please dont panic... things will fall in place soon.. try following the home remedies...We are yet to take a second report but am positive that is would have improved by now.

10. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I would suggest the following home remedies.This should definitely work.Please do not loose hope.

1.Cold milk

2.water

3.pomegranate,figs,watermelon,cucumber,spinach

4.pumpkin seeds,vitamin B12

5.icepacks on scrotum

6.Avoiding hot showers