1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Low iron level

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Riyasmommy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Raj,

I am aneamic for the past 8 years. and any combination of iron has not helped, I am still in the 8 level.

I was told by one of my friends, who has tried it for his mother very successfully.may be this could work. wheatgerm is supposed to boost iron levels well. these days you get wheatgerm in the form of powder in certain stores in india. taking it in juice form has helped in rising the levels from 6 to 13.

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Thanks raji and orangesandlemon. Raji, I'll have to learn how to make beansprouts.

Shanvy, I use wheatgerm in pancakes. I hope your iron level comes up! How have you been dealing with such low level for 8 years?! I feel so tired and sluggish all the time, sometimes even dizzy.

Raj

3. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

If you would take Iron folic from Nutrilite, then everything is fine. But donot think that I am selling it..I am O negative and with a healthy 14% hb level. This is because I donate blood too.

4. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

hi shanthi,

can you tell me where will get wheatgerm powder in chennai. even iam having low iron level

regards
    sofi