1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Low Cal Alternatives For Consuming Milk?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Needtobestrong, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

i used to drink tea and coffee earlier , to stay fresh and deal with sleep deprivation ...but recently started getting severe acidity problem and headaches..hence doctor advised me to avoid tea and coffee as much as possible..
    Please suggest few ways I can take milk without putting on weight?
    Already tried oats porridge, corn flakes, Ragi porridge...
    But I get bored of the taste if I have it often..
    Horlicks bournvita etc have added sugar hence I'm reluctant to take regularly..
    Hershey's syrup and cocoa powder I'm concerned may cause weight gain so resisted using them..
    Which health drink is suitable for adults and doesn't have added sugar?
    I don't like the taste of plain milk...
    Pls give me some ideas?

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Real - plain cocoa powder will not cause weight gain. Even dark chocolate, preferably 70%, but atleast 50% n above, are known to help with weight loss. It can be melted and added to milk.

Plain milk is so versatile that it can be added to anything. Milk can be a substitute to the water quantity in gravies, rice, anything.

Healthy fruit milkshakes is one of my personal favourite. One banana, milk blended together is a very simple milkshake. Can add dates for added sweetness. The varieties are quiet limitless n you can try one one variety everyday.

Needtobestrong and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Add some cardamom and saffron to milk while heating it in the microwave. ( no sugar), like Kheer without the calories , almost like dating George Clooney without having to worry about his old age issues.

Blend boiled carrots with cardamom and milk. This is pretty delicious as well. You can strain this before drinking but I prefer not too.

Add milk, one or two chopped dates, muesli and oatmeal , chia or sabja seeds in a small mason jar. Leave it in the fridge for a 2-3 hours or overnight. You can have this for breakfast.

4. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

For sugar substitute, grind cinnamon and use that instead.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I use cocoa powder in almond milk and add some stevia for sweetness.

6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Tea and coffee cause acidity it we take too much of that or take that empty stomach. One or two coffee or tea in a day with something to eat can avoid acidity.

Sandycandy and Needtobestrong like this.
  7. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

You can try this healthy homemade mix.

8. Archanaanchan

My grand mom used to make a powder out of grains.
    Urad dal, chana dal, rice , ragi ,wheat, barley,jowar, peanuts, badam,raisins, dry dates, cashews, moong dal,horsegram, peas ... every dam thing .

Boil some water add 2 tsp of this powder . Boil on slow flame for 10 mins. Add milk , pinch of salt and jaggery . Drink this everyday .It used to be our wholesome breakfast many days:) Its extremely healthy.

9. Archanaanchan

Add rock sugar here ... ( The authentic Rock sugar is made of pure honey alone ... ) . I doubt you can find the one with honey these days .

Needtobestrong likes this.
  10. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I found this health mix containing the same list of ingredients in a supermarket and purchased it..as I don't have time to prepare at home..its quite tasty and healthy too..:)

Archanaanchan likes this.