1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lovely Days And Ruminations!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, May 30, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: This shows you could live in the present as and when you read posts in IL. No sulk!
    Thanks and Regards.
    God never waits for cab to sulk.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srama,
    An unputdownable ( sorry for the localised expression) snippet. Madam. From top to bottom, it was simply superb and I felt Srama's presence everywhere.Very few can enjoy nature like this and are skilful enough to pass on the thrill to the readers. Simply superb madam!
    Jayasala 42

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

You have a way with words @Srama
    As with all your snippets you bring a sense of peace and serenity.
    The geenery pictures add to the feel-good ambience your snippet lends to the readers.

When I was about six or seven, I read a little story which carried the message "looking at the world through a blue glass and through a pink glass" . Of course I had to ask my dad to explain this concept. However, it made a lot of sense to me at that time, an age when God, prayers, teachings did not make much sense.

Through the growing years all these came together, and now I am of the mindset that life is simple and it is beautiful.
    It is we who make it complicated by nurturung jealousy, dishonesty, malice, pride, etc.
    ..."oh, what a tangled web we weave...!"

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Anusha2917 ,

Thank you for your very warm words. It gladdens my heart to hear that my snippet made a difference to you. I cannot ask for more. You know the honest truth is when faced with dilemmas in life is when I am able to shift focus and learn to focus on nature around me to gain the energy to keep going forward. I am only happy if that feeling (with which I write)translates and benefits others. Thank you for assuring the same!

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

I wish I could paint as well too :) You are right,
    Nature indeed is my tool. I have allowed myself to walk in a park or go for a hike when handling day to day minor issues and realize that no matter what, nature takes my thoughts away - I cannot take my eyes away from what's around me, at all! That always cheers me up! Thank you my friend, as always for your warm feedback!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu,

You are so sweet! Thank you for your words.
    And it is to me too:beer-toast1:. What fun to have a friend who understands/thinks like you and nods her head in agreement! And I have this bonus of getting that fabulous feedback from you!

I am not sure how long you have had this as your signature,

but I noticed it today and even as I write snippet after snippet about the same old nature, your signature today assured me that I am doing just that - seeing things with new eyes! Every single day! That line you have had tells everything! Thank you!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you for your words @Thyagarajan sir! First of all, :hello:hi there right back at you! I am happy to hear that reading the snippet made a difference to you!
    You are right, I was speaking of the same Jonathan! I read Bach from time to time to feel inspired and he has not failed me so far!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Thank you for quoting from your snippets. I am sure we speak of the same things, just different language! Thank you again for your feedback sir! The lightness of the being when the mind is not chatting is so amazing that there is a longing for it often during the day. I have reached a point where I can feel the chatter and sush the mind!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

What wise words these are! Takes us years to understand the same!

These feelings are such a burden. I understand that turning to nature is my coping mechanism - I deal with life better when I can keep these few minutes a day aside for me to just be. I am also learning that even if the mind is going non stop, a few minutes a day weeding, watering brings such joy and just watching Toby sitting and watching the world go by, allows me to pause as well! My sincere hope was that even if I am like that energizer bunny going on and on with the same story, it will help someone else pause also (hence the pictures!!) and looking at the lovely responses, I am moved beyond words. I truly appreciate your response. And oh speaking of pink glasses, I call mine "My happy glasses" - the world out side does look amazing with those on!

kkrish and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That is such a nice word @jayasala42 madam - unputdownable! It had me smiling :)
    Thank you for your words! I appreciate your presence here, really!

Thyagarajan likes this.