1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Thy Enemy - A note to readers

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

A kid, after a boring day was taken to a park by her parents, where there were bunch of similar aged kids playing cheerfully in the park. The park was filled with toys, hundreds of balls, color balloons, chocolates and whatnot. Can you say how happy the kid was? Or could you write in an essay describing that happiness?

With the same amount of happiness and enthusiasm, I started this story. I posted the very first part of the story only after having written 4 chapters to check my determination and confirming the storyline. And kept writing the rest when I posted the earlier ones. I was found with laptop wherever I go - in trains, in canteen while having lunch, on bed in night and even sometimes in office.

For the past 3 days I am sitting before the computer trying to start the first episode of the 2nd part, but my mind kept interrupting me and forcing me to look at the response I got - which was less than 5% of people who read(viewed) the story. My heart consoled me to look at the number of views, but my mind fired back that the number of views doesn't mean the number of readers actually READ the story. My heart then again defended saying the number of views is consistently a decent number for all the parts, then my mind as if waiting for this moment, pointed me the constant decrease in the 'Views' count. Finally I give up and move away from the computer.
    [​IMG]

Before I started the story I decided to concentrate only on writing and not worry if the response is less. But hey, Surprise... I did need the encouragement and motivation from the readers. Its difficult for me to continue without knowing that I am succeeding in what I am doing or flunked big time. Reading the comments is the only way I could know the reader's mind - Am I doing good so far? Shouldn't I have added the particular chapter? Should I have added more interesting snippets? Is the plot very weak? Is it draggy?

Criticism is like tasting bitter medicine; It might not be pleasant to take in, but its best thing to clear the bugs. I am well prepared to taste that medicine.

People who did leave their valuable comments may ask, "Didn't our comments mean nothing to you?". I have to say, those few comments were the only drive which made me to write till 10th episode and finish the part. If it wasn't for you all, I would've stopped in the 4th chapter.

May I request you readers to give me your honest comment what you liked/disliked about the writing? I sincerely wanted to know that and then try my level best to avoid the mistakes in the next part. You readers are the best guide a beginner like me could ask for! :thumbsup

Its really an attempt to understand my audience - Hope you all agree with me when I say that! (Besides, I need that encouragement you know? :bowdown)

2. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Ada pennae....il l ithellam sagajam.few comments doesn't mean no readers.most of the silent readers just don't have the time to reply or they just feel shy to comment(mostly the second). Don't think about that.you have started something beautiful And you definitely should finish it. Now tell me something,do you really think you can sleep peacefully after abandoning the story in the middle.I doubt it. atleast for your sake you need to do this. Besides engalayellam paathaa paavama illa?ippadi nattaathula vita Enna artham? Please continue....

3. Mohanas

Mohanas Silver IL'ite

Sorry Yaar, I really didn't know our feedback means a lot to you, I am not into writing, but love to read a lot and your Love thy Enemy is really really very nice and I enjoyed each and every chapter, and am looking forward for all chapters withs ame enthusiasm and suspense, love, suspense is main feels in the writing I guess and I loved them so much.

Looking forward for your next chapter eagerly.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Kudos to your writing, don't feel yourself low ma, u r doing really a gud job and keep ging.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

ILT, great story. Lots of suspense. Waiting for the next one. Why did she EScape? From her husband?

I enjoyed the way you have written about the place in UK.

waiting for the next episode of Sakthi or JO????

5. kk_karthi2000

kk_karthi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILT,

I am a silent reader of ur stories, to be frank for me finding time to give feedback was very less.

My FB: Your are really a good narrator :bowdown, the way you move the story is awesome. Continue your own way of writing..... it will give you more satisfaction than folloiwng others comments....

All the very best for you.....

6. NArchana

NArchana New IL'ite

Hi ILoveTulips,

As Iniyamalar told, there are many silent readers (including me, who belong to the second category which she mentioned). Please continue with your story. You know, the very first thing I do these days in the morning after getting freshed up, is to switch on my computer to check for the next episode of your story "Love Thy Enemy". Its going on simply superb.....:thumbsup

Please dont stop writing....

Eagerly waiting for the next episode.....

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi ILT,

i read all the parts of your story and i think after part 6, i did not reply, as i thought i would do that after i had read the whole story.

the story so far has been absolutely gripping. every bit of the story has the reader hankering for more. i can hardly wait to know what happened further.

keep going. i know how it feels. in fact it is the very same reason - after my last two stories, there were so few feedbacks, i started wondering whether they were too long to be read in one go or whether they had become too repetitive in the types of stories that were narrated etc.

it is after quite some time now, that i am working on another one. but i have no idea what direction it will take, if any. so i am waiting before i start posting. i too love it when there is a good amount of feedback. but now i have decided to keep writing for the pleasure of writing. if people like it is an added bonus. if they don't, at least i have had some pleasure. if they are kind enough to let me know what they would like to see, i shall try to write something that will please them as well as me.

8. sampanna

sampanna New IL'ite

Dear ILT,

It was indeed a great story from your end and I really admire the way you take the story forward. Keep rocking.

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Tulips,you are doing a great job...keep going...for the past few days,i browse through your threads everyday to find whether you have posted the next episode...wonderful and keep writing
    i am still waiting for the next part...........

10. jerryscooby

jerryscooby New IL'ite

It a great story I am waiting for next episode.......... Please post it soon