1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love, The Primal Rythm Of Life...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ambika ananth, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

LOVE, THE PRIMAL RHYTHM OF LIFE.

When she got a call from the hospital, that her grandpa was dying, she rushed to be at his side, to hold his hand, to make it easy for him, to cross over to the ‘other side’! Later while clearing his things from the room, she chanced upon a paper tucked under his pillow. A faded red color paper in the shape of a heart, with lines written across. She could instantly recognize that it was a valentine letter from her grandmother, written decades back as a young bride. Through tear filled eyes she read the lines…” you made me laugh when my heart was crying, you took me dancing when I couldn’t take a step…you held my hand and my whole being loved you forever…I belonged to you and I have experienced all…!” Reading those lines from that poignant and sacred valentine letter again, she understood why her grandfather’s face was always smiling and serene...he was loved, truly loved!!

Scientific studies revealed that ‘Love is, beyond cavil or question, the most important experience in the life of a human being.’ But the quality of love is very important. The fleeting, counterfeit and selfish love’ binds and blinds’!! True Love allows plenty of room for respect, privacy and independence, it allows one to breathe and grow. It is the primal rhythm of the universe. To make that rhythm run in one’s life , one should work on the principle of a farmer who primes the water pump by pouring a bucket of water in, to start the water flowing in gushes. Though the method is redundant now, the principle is active- one should pour in, to get back in abundance, in good measure, running over…!

Man’s nature always demands the indispensable condition of ‘live and love’, for which there is no substitute, except to ‘live and love’. It is an ingredient that will never harm, endanger or inhibit life. It can only benefit’ the giver and the taker’. But one should take care that it doesn’t have a perverted, grotesque form, or else it is definitely not Love, but a baser instinct of a baser origin.
    (contd)

Fire already exists in the log, but someone should awaken it- it is the same with love. We are all born with love in our heart, but we need someone to ‘awaken it’. Once awakened, love makes us the nurturers of love, keepers of love, in countless large and small ways of life. It is not easy to Love and sustain it. Lovers truly in love will have to live in rough times, must brave minefields of evil, jealousy, deception, must brush through sickness and disease, walk through the wastelands of pain and poverty and burning deserts of disappointment… but with voice of sincere love and calm speaking and guiding in hearts, with the power of promise to remain as one forever…they succeed.

There is wonderful saying- “The love we give, is the only love we keep!!”
    The more you give, the more you keep…Isn’t Love truly wonderful??

OF LOVERS AND LOVE

“ Love is a fire that kindling its first embers in the narrow nook of a private bosom, caught from a wandering spark out of another private heart, glows and enlarges, until it warms and beams upon multitudes of men and women, upon the universal heart of all and lights up the whole world with its generous flame “.

All mankind love a lover they say and that “ All other pleasures are not worth its pains “.

Love is a state, when every dawn brings music anew, noon and after noon throb with a pleasing fever rebuilding each day with warmth and radiance. Every spoken word sounds like a beautiful verse, every bird chirping sounds articulate, the whole nature fills with passion and sentiment. The lover sees nothing but diamond mornings, coral evenings and sapphire nights. Love satisfies, astonishes, soothes, lulls, fires, dilates and expands our senses. It enlarges its circles of power, like the pebble thrown into the pond. Love rules, making a man’s happiness dependent on his lover. Love prays, making covenants with god on behalf of his lover.

It is a fact often observed that men have written great verses under the inspiration of this great passion called “ Love “. Jean De Santeul of the 17<SUP>th</SUP> century wrote beautiful verses in Latin. He has not written them on a paper with a pen, but etched them on the tree trunks of his orchard in his native village in France. He etched his famous poetry with the golden hairpin of his lover. One of his friends collected all those beautiful verses and sent them to Paris after which they were published and were highly acclaimed. They are preserved in three volumes in New York public library.

Love shines like a galaxy of immutable lights in hearts and it searches for something more beautiful than itself and in that quest, blends with the divine.
    The human heart is not shaped perfect and regular in contour like a valentine heart, but is slightly irregular in shape, as if a small piece of it is missing out of its side. Many say, that when god created each human heart he kept a small sample of it in Heaven and sent the rest of it into the creation. By living life happily, and giving happiness to others we will go back to recover the sample and become ‘Whole-hearted’!

No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed, no steam or gas ever drives anything until it is confined, no river is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled, no love ever grows until it is focused, nurtured, disciplined, dedicated and respected.’

In love don’t grumble because roses have thorns, but be thankful thorns have roses.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008

2. ambika ananth

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY DEAR FRIENDS...

( dear Malathy, pls do something about the fonts in my above post...I am truly sorry, I am not able to do my own job properly...)

ambika

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Loving Tribute To Love!

Dear Ambika,

Writers the world over have written volumes about love. Yet every new word on it brings happiness. And if such a word comes from a gifted writer like you, it brings ecstacy.

I did not see your Valentines day post. For I was busy making my own.

I love each and every word you have written about love. Especially about that binding quality that is not love.
    As the people in Alfafa, the famed town, when they bid adieu to their Prophet proclaimed,

Our love does not hold you, nor our affection bind you. (Gibran)

So impressed was I by these words, that I have indicated in my profile the saying I like the most is

If you love a thing, set it free. If it returns to you after it no longer has to, then it is yours. But if it does not, it has never been yours right from the beginning.

Your article is a loving elucidation of these sayings.

Hats off to you, Ambika.
    regards,
    sridhar

2 people like this.
  4. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Ambika
    Simply loved your writeup, especially the paragraph I have quoted.This speaks volumes.

hats off!:2thumbsup:
    Regards
    Honeybee

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Lovely,Ambika! That was a article from the heart. Most of your references, I am reading them for the first time. Have a nice time on Valentine's Day with your loved ones! May more and more love find you forever!

the incurable romantic
    Vidya

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Ambika,

Happy Valentine's day! What a lovely article ,....enjoyed reading every bit of it!

I just loved this verse......True Love allows plenty of room for respect, privacy and independence, it allows one to breathe and grow........

I always felt that this is how love stays in one's life forever....isnt it?

Thanks for posting it here, Ambika....and have a lovely day with your loved ones...( i know you will miss your sons....:cry: ....me too in same boat, will miss my daughter , of course always i guess! :wink: )

7. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Dear Ambika
    Happy Valentines Day.
    I went all mushy and senti. and mooney -eyed reading your wonderful straight-from-the-heart paen to that wonderful feeling called LOVE.

Adored that line : The Love we give is the only love we keep. It is a companion gem to the well known aphorism which I love (already quoted here by Sridhar): "If you love a thing ,set it free. If it returns, its yours, forever :If it does not, it never was."

So much negativity in the form of possessiveness, lust and greed keep going around in the guise of Love. Each time one reads of a tragic event based on so-called "love", one wants to scream out "Please open your eyes.Please understand what Love is !"

As I age, I appreciate this emotion of love better. And I am constantly amazed at the capacity to love ; the more you give , the more it expands and holds.

Thanks for the wonderful article, dear Ambika.
    May your life be ever flooded with LOVE.
    Regards
    VS

8. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Happy Valentines day Ambika,

That was a beautiful article. I loved all the references you have given , especially the ones about roses having thorns and thorns having roses. It is ever an optimists view and when in love, everyone is an optimist!!
    Thanks for this article

Vandhana

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika,

A Happy Valentine's day to you too:) Trust you to have prepared a treat for your IL'ites.

That was a lovely article on love. Makes one go all dreamy and starry eyed! I cannot say that my heart starts to flutter and I go looking for red hearts to adorn my love's den, traveled too far in life for that:oops: All the same, I feel fortunate for the experience of love and loving and wish all the young damsels here the same wonders.

If anything, your article does bring a glow to heart and I for one am enthused enough at least to make a cozy evening for the two of us even if in front of the box, nevermind:))

Wish you lots of hearts and red roses Ambika, I am sure that all the three men in your life wish you the same:)

L, Kamla

10. ambika ananth

Re: A Loving Tribute To Love!

Thanks dear Sridhar for saying that when a gifted writer like me writes about love it brings ecstacy.....
    hope I deserve that 'gifted writer' title....I have miles to go I guess..
    but I am happy that my write-up made you go ecstatic...a perfect mood to be in for Valentine's day...isn't it..???

Have a great day..
    regards
    ambika