1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Scenes From Ramayana - 2

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jul 22, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Love Scenes From Ramayana 2

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Hope I am the first to give the boni fb.

Now you made me tongue tied and finger tied with this lovely blog on God's love described by Kambar. Though I have heard about Kambar;s Ramayana but never can read the same and you very well know the answer too. Now Kambar has come to our rooms through this blog. I should thank technology now for making this possible.

The depth of the Lord's love can never be measured.....It is unmatchable ...can never be quantified. We can just feel her love and shed tears of gratitude which I am doing right now.

Thanks for giving this at this hour .....It will certainly give me a good peaceful sleep.

3. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    What a love!! pullarichupochu.Vibheeshana is too lucky i feel.They way you have given oh great. Thanks for the Tamil version of the sloka" Guhano dum" and for the nice explanation. I am reciting atleast one chapter of Sundarakandam every day. I have heard this month is called Ramayana masa in Kerala and you are giving us the stories at the right time though anytime is the right time to read Ramayana. Thanks Sridhar.
    Love,
    Meenakshi

4. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Thanks for bringing us this beautiful episode of love which is so abundant and makes us believe that we just have to surrender completely and he will take care of us. Beautiful tamil verses. its soooo wonderful to read kambar's excellent rendition.
    thanks so much
    have a safe trip
    Aparna

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    How true...this statement is enough to show that how much He cares for us.
    Lord's compassion is to all living creatures..this is being explained in the 'brotherly acquisition' episode.

sriniketan

6. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hari Om,

I remember reading these lines before....

""Thaayo neeya, Thambiyum Neeye, Thava Neeye,;
    Seyo Neeye, Sembiyum Neeye, Thiru Neeye;
    Poyo Nindraai, Ennai Igazhdhai, pugazh paarai;
    Neeyo Naano, munnilum .nenjam valiyenaal ""
    (Short meaning : You are my mother, my brother, my tapasya,my child,my body guard, even my Sita. You argued with me, never listened my words and went out to fight. Now what happened? I am not that Rama of yesterdays having a bold heart. My half of the heart went with Sita & the rest now with you. Tell me what can I do now?)

Nice to get in detail on the scene and meaning of the poet. As for me if I read It by myself I wouldn't able to understand it as well as how I understand it through your writings Accha..

Millions of thanks....

7. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

As usual, you have tried successfully to convey to the ordinary mortal (we readers) the feeling of universal love that crosses all boundaries of gender, religion, nation and even creature.
    Hard to find today except for few genuine people out there.

Keep writing.
    Shail

8. varalotti

Dear bas,

Seeing your boni fb I felt enormously relieved. For a while I was wondering (and I am still) whether the series will be relished by our people. I now realise that Kambar is heavy literary stuff and that though his theme is universal he is speaking through one particular religion. I have tentatively lined up about five or six episodes in this series.

Many times, bas, I have been accused of what is called as "mushy mushy" writing where all characters are good, good things happen all around and there is a happy beginning and a happy ending. That was what ALS is about.
    I am afraid Kambar is also like that though he had to handle a heavy subject like Ramayana.
    I would love to go on writing Kambar's sentimental stuff but I am now not sure about people relishing it.

Yes, the depth of His love cannot be measured. Even his "playing" cannot be measured. Thats why Kambar says in the very first verse "alahilla vilayattudaiyan" "one whose games cannot be measured or even thought of"
    But Kambar does the same trick with the characters other than the Lord, which we are going to see in the next episode.
    thanks once again for the boni.

love,
    boost

9. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    Vibheeshana is not "too lucky"; he is "too loving" Thanks a lot, Meenakshi for your reassuring presence.
    I wanted to say it with even greater emotions but could not do that. I honestly feel that I could not fully transfer the emotions I felt on reading these verses.
    I never knew that this month is Ramaayana Masa. Thanks for filling some gaps in my education.
    You know why reading Sundarakandam always lifts our spirits?
    That's the turning point in the story. That gives the first ray of hope after Sita's abduction. Many times we feel that the Sita in us, our peace and happiness, is abducted by the Ravana of life's worries and tensions. And to bring back our Sita we need the help of the Lord, Hanuman and others. More than that we need to have the confidence in ourselves. And Sundara Kandam teaches all these things to us. One of my life's goals is to write Sundara Kandam in plain English, the same kind of language I use for a romantic serial, but bring in the spirit of Kambar in it.
    Will I be able to do that? It's in the Lord's hands, whether my hands will have the capability of doing that ambitious project.
    sorry for the long reply. Could not help it.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

You are welcome,Aparna. I am really happy and proud that I have made a Tamil girl residing in Boston read Kambar and even appreciate him. If this sows the seeds in you to read more of our Tamil works, well, I will be a happy man.
    The God does not want us to do any thing. No elaborate pujas or yagnas. The God does not want anything from us. But he wants the whole of us. He wants a complete surrender. And then He gives all of Himself to us.
    See in the end we become wiser. For haven't we given all of these dirty bags to him, and get all of His divinity in return?
    Divine for dirt! Can't think of a better exchange offer!
    thanks for being there.
    sridhar