1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love, Hate And Jealousy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 16, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I dont hate people who are jealous of me. In fact I need more of them because they make me realise how amazing I am . Its my awesomeness that triggers the jealousy in them. Nevery hate people who are jealous of you but respect their jealousy They are people who think you are better than them

Being happy or sad, gloomy or excited, moddy or stable are options that are presented to us every morning. We just have to make the right choice . Dream big Live bigger'

In life I expect a lot which is my weakness , give love and expect love , want to have some things and when I dont get , get disappointed. Sometimes I come to conclusions also very fast. But then I am a person who is ready to forgive and forget also because all fingers are not same, though at that time I get very irritated

When I had gone for marriage I felt I was not given much importance as an elderly person. Might be everyone was busy and tensed so they did not think of that. Some people are there who are bold and make their presence felt and take initiative. I also take initiative at times but during last engagement I felt tht was not invited so during marriage I thought I wont interfere unless I am called.. My brother's wife who is also my husband's niece is very close to me and shares everything. It was her sister's son's marriage. She is very diplomatic and knows how to manage. She is an all rounder. During marriage, my two sisters in law and she were rehearsing for the malai mathal and oonjal pattu. I felt I was left out. They are blood relations and I am from out I felt though all of them were talkng to me nicely when they were alone. They are always close with me and respect me bu tthis time I felt I am left out. But next day my sis in law gave me the typed copy of the song and told me to keep as she did not carry her handbag and before singing my brother's wife also gave a copy to me. During paligai I was not around and later my sis in law was asking Manni why did you not come. Later I felt they re the same only I felt left out and misunderstood. Also in the morning my brother in law wanted pen to write on the cover when we were in the lodge but later when we were in the hall he was asking everyone for pen though I was sitting right in front. Usually I dont talk but I got angry with his behaviour and toldhim when you see your sisters you forget this manni, morning only I gave you pen and now why you are asking everyone. My husband's family is an ideal family and they do everything as a team work . During marriages sometimes there is misunderstanding but then later all are one and loving.

My sis in law's daughter whose son's marriage it was also was busy I think and I felt left out. But then I did not take to heart. They had given everyone puliyum chadam and thayir chadam for the night and train which we had taken . So in the train I phoned and told her that both the rice were yummy and we had in the night and for lunch next day. Also thanked her for the saree. I felt since she is not so experienced might have been tensed about marriage.

The real education is your attitude and behaviour with others. It defines your whole personality , no matter how qualifed you are

My brother in law is also a very nice person but has some negative qualities too which I think everyone has, I also must be having which I might not be knowing. Our tickets were booked by his son and daughter, very sweet of them. While going he told us to come to his house and we had yummy dinner, aam ras and puri and his son dropped us at the station. For train too he only prepared everything. While coming back too he told us to come to his house, have lunch and go. He is also my age and his wife is no more.

Now the next trip will be to Pune for my another sis in law's grand daughters seemantham. Sis in law's daughter invited and told me you are the eldest and you should definitely come. So me and my husband and his niece are going on 18th

Life is a long distance between Human being and being Human. Lets take atleast a step daily to cover the distance.

sindmani, Barupavi, VaniVyas and 2 others like this.

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

I think you have turned a little bit emotional in this snippet. Nowadays it is hard to find people close to you , even acnowledging your presence in a marriage and many times I have felt lost in the crowd. With event management companies taking over all the arrangements and with more attention being showered on to close friends of the couple, the close relatives get a cold reception. I have learnt to accept this reality and I do not suffer from any unnecessary heart burns. Yes, life is a long distance between human being and being human. Fantastic quote ! Thanks Viji for a wonderful snippet.

Agatha83

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your first feedback Agatha dear. True dear days have changed. I think I should also accept this reality .

kaniths likes this.
  4. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I have attended only three weddings total, my own, my sibling, my husband's sibling.

I did feel left out at the wedding at husband's even though I was giving my 100%. By hierarchy, I wasn't the eldest but the least. I tried to be a part of everything, without any attitude, kept a positive attitude. Weddings are so important and so nice. I wish I had attended more growing up.

Vijiji, I totally agree with you that sometimes what we are feeling is not true. And we should give every one benefit of doubt. Sometimes people are thinking or doing something on purpose but just going through things.

So nice to hear about your extended family. You have so many people and have maintained relationships over the years.

sindmani, iyerviji and deepthyanoop like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Personal attention has become a forgotten culture.Its importance is totally lost.In most of the weddings, nobody asks us whether we have taken tiffin, food etc.Go straight to the dining hall eat whatever is served, meet some one known, hand over the gift and come away.Even if one is notably absent, nobody will notice,That is the change. Good thing is, as it has become universal behaviour there is no 'misunderstanding' on this account.Let us move with the world.
    jayasala 42

Vaikuntha, iyerviji and deepthyanoop like this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Nowadays the number of invitees for marriages has substantially increased. Previously close relatives and close friends were invited, whereas now relatives of relatives and friends of friends also get into the list. Hence it becomes difficult to give individual attention to everyone. Further they take it granted that close relatives will fend for themselves. As @jayasala42 has mentioned we have to move with the world and keep going.

Wedding arrangements has been given to contractors and everything is handed over to them.
    PS

iyerviji likes this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

What an amazing quote this is Vijima! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

Ma,
    Yes ma after all humans are social creatures and personally I have started measuring my life in terms of the right attitude I show towards others though they show their wrongitude towards me.
    Point well taken ma.But in this long journey I tend to stumble when there is need to handle people whose sole motive is to irritate us.Ma,let me know what would be your suggested matured course of action in such kind of situations.

iyerviji likes this.
  9. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

Edit
    Second quote in my above post

''Life is a long distance between Human being and being Human. Lets take atleast a step daily to cover the distance.''

Pointwell taken ma.But in this long journey I tend to stumble when there is need to handle people
    whose sole motive is to irritate us.Ma,let me know what would be your suggested matured course of
    action in such kind of situations.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear our family is very loving though sometimes there are misunderstandings. But we forgive and forget and enjoy in marriages. so you also had same experience, so you can understand.