Love Gujarati Ethnic Wear?

Discussion in 'Ahmedabad' started by FlyingSolo, Jan 31, 2009.

1. FlyingSolo

FlyingSolo New IL'ite

Do you like the gujarati chania choli? Or a richly brocaded gujarati saree, or designer salwar kurtas? You can have it all in this stylish city. Here people love the good things of life. Don’t forget to visit the fantastic designer boutiques when you’re here. There are some well known designers as well from Ahmedabad who have participated in the Fashion Weeks in India and Internationally.:cheers

2. kats

kats New IL'ite

hi, i just cannot resist mentioning about the bandhani and leheriya fashions which can be seen in traditional sarees, salwar kameez to the trendy shirts .... i would love to share a personal experience at Ahmedabad... i was looking for a classy Indo-western dress for my cousin's reception and my parents took me to Mumbai for a couple of days just for shopping (i m very spoiled for clothes shopping :):):)))- i went to big stores like Seasons, Benzer, ShoppersStop and more..but did not find anything exclusive.. it was the same pattern everywhere... finally we came back home at Gandhinagar and made a trip to C.G road in Ahmedabad the next day--- to my wonder I got my dream outfit at my everyday shopping city!!!!!!!!!this was in the year 2000, and even after 10 years travelling to so many states in India and abroad and meeting so many people (far richer than my family) i have not seen that design till today... this is not an exaggeration... and even the quality is so good.. the dress can be worn even today-- jsut that i have put on some weight and does not look good on me any longer...but my sister loves it and will wear it...---- also, recently i ordered a few Indian dresses - lehenga choli, sarees & salwar kameez from a lady in Gandhinagar who does this as a hobby and so charges so less with the most exclusive embroidery work designs and cloth materials as well as colour of our own choice... so I prefer to get my Indian dresses done from her rather than spend so many bucks on the professionals' boutiques.... I do agree that these professionals do a great work but there is a very small class of people who can really afford them... so this lady is like an angel to satisfy my craving for wonderful-colorful Indian/Gujarati clothing!!!!!!

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I am drooling seeing this thread. I have lived in Ahmedabad for a few yrs and love the Ghagras and Salwars I got there. My friends still ohhh and ahhh looking at them.I wud love to get some from there anytime. I cant visit Ahmedabad when I go to India and dont know any where here where I can get it. Even if its online shopping I dont mind. Any help ladies.

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Please, please let me know the contact information of these places. I wouldn't able to visit Ahmedabad , but would liek to order online.

Thanks.

5. javamum

javamum New IL'ite

I wish I had seen this post before my Ahmedabad visit last month but I will be going again next year. I am hoping that I will get valuable shopping tips on this forum for the next trip.

6. Priti

Priti New IL'ite

Please advise good places to shop and some tips on bargaining.