1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love And Kindness Are Never Wasted. They Always Make A Difference

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 22, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver. ~ Barbara De Angelis

Today morning I never thought I will make my maid emotional and makeher cry . Morning I just told my maid since my children are not here I am telling you I have kept the diyas here. This diya is a big one which can be used for lighting for the 10 days when I leave the world. I am telling you because they might search for it and it shoudl be handy. I never thought she will feel emotional. She said why you are telling like that , that too on a Friday , I told her just because I told I wont die immediately, in fact I will live long. She was saying my husband and my mother also spoke about death today and you are the third person . She told my husband and he was tellin gme you dont die now because it is Dakshinayanam , after six months it will be Uttarayana and you wont have next janma.My maid became more emotional and started crying saying you dont go anwhere out today, take care . I felt so bad never thought she will feel emotional and cry. I was very touched .

I feel so blessed to have so many people who give me so much love and affection. I was just going through something and got this card given by my friends in my office twenty five years back when I came back tooffice after my hip bone fracture. It is a welcome card. The wordings are so touching.

To dearest Viji

We, your colleagues at Sahas, eagerly await your arrival after a lapse of nearly 4 months.
    Though many of us may not have visited you, you were always in our thoughts and prayers

We thank the Almighty for all the blessings and graces He has bestowed upon yo 13814447_1118327631539180_159482202_n.jpg u and your family.But most of all, we thank Him for making you walk once again.

Awaiting you to see you soon

with fond love

Your colleagues at Sahas

• The greatest thing you’ll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return.
    Any Person can make u realise how wonderful the world is !But only few will make u realise how wonderful u r in the world..!Care for those few.

Live as if ….You were to Die tomorrow …
    Learn as if …You were to live forever ….~ Mahatma Gandhi

Attached Files:

sindmani, joylokhi, Lathasv and 6 others like this.

2. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

That was a very sweet, touching write up iyerviji garu. Really you are blessed to have such loving people around you. Very beautiful snippet.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Thank you Padma dear for making me happy with your first feedback when i was. Disappointed there us no feedback. Ya dear I am blessed to have loving people. Glad you liked the snippet

padma0604 likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji,
    A nice snippet.Though the end is inevitable nobody would like to talk about it in our homes.It is very often said,Ashwini Devathas from above are always saying'Thathasthu( Let it happen)If we say good things or bad things that is likely to happen.It was just to disuade people from telling inauspicious things.

But our patti, father's mother was a unique person.She was known as 'oor amma' and the entire village addressed her as Amma from heart.
    Whenever any marriage was conducted she was to be the first lady to bless the couple.You will be surprised to know how she blessed.
    "pottu azhiya, poo uthira, thaali peruga"!in Tamil .Exact meaning " let the girl lose her sindhur, and flowers.Let her mangala sutra get cut"! But people were waiting to listen to this blessing because whomever she blessed with these inauspicious words lived happily.
    What did she really mean by her words?
    Let a child born to her soon.The child alaways has fascination to rub off the kunkum or sticker thilakam from his/her mother's forehead as fun.
    The child would be healthy.It would run around the mother, pull her plaits so that the flower strand gets loosened and falls down.
    Reg'thali peruga'-she meant whenever the child suckled her mother the baby would be too happy and go on pulling the thali thread.The child would pull the thread so forcefully that it may get even cut off while the child is pulling. that is to say that the baby will be strong and healthy.
    Patti's wish couched in the most amangala words turned out to be a blessing.

Jayasala 42

butterflyice and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks Jayakka , I know we should not talk but I dont know what made me say that. Thanks for sharing about your patti. In every thread and every feedback I learn something from you. You are really great. You are like my husband, who remembers everything even if it is many years old. God bless you and keep you aways healthy andhappy

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

For all of us born in this world, one thing is very sure-death! When we cannot be sure as to what kind of send off we will be getting, why should we bother about rituals. Be happy as you are now, with the kind of accolades you are getting now in IL and those you got from your office members, and the best part- an understanding DH:blush:

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks for the loving message dear. True why worry , I am not worried at all because I have got everything in life and now enjoying my retired life, thanks to God.

8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite