1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love And Gratitude

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Dec 20, 2022.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

As the year 2022 is nearing to an end, i sit and wonder what are the things that i have done, which brings a smile on my face.

1. Have been less judgemental about others.

2. Have fallen in love with this amazing person, MYSELF, it is new but it fills. Up my heart with happiness. I dont have yo do anything to love myself, just be me at all the times, little difficult, still getting there.

4. This year i learnt that not everyone and everything needs my attention and reaction.

5. Kindness above all.

6. Being humble.

7. Keeping things simple for myself, family and friends.

Go ahead and post your replies.

Wishing everyone a blessed, healthy, peaceful and a realized year ahead.

May we live and let live

Nandini

drdiva, Srama, deepthyanoop and 9 others like this.

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

A lot of learning, keep it up.

nandinimithun likes this.
  3. nandinimithun

Thank you

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@nandinimithun,

Your snippet has some crystal clear direction how to lead a happy life. Once we learn how to make decision based on love (#5 Kindness above), automatically, being judgmental about others disappear. Our mind has a peculiar way of complicating things and applying simplicity including in our lifestyle is worth practicing.

Being humble is a struggle for me as I am always looking for others opinion on all my actions. Slowly, I am slowly learning how to do actions skillfully, lovingly and selflessly and look for sense of fulfillment more than the words of appreciation.

Already our mind is filled with so much and there is no need to get involved in everything and with everyone.

I am learning how to differentiate myself with my mind so that self-love will become an automatic process. The mind that finds fault with others also find fault with the way actions were carried out as its job is only to think and not act. Compartmentalizing all of these tools from the Jyoti inside of us is difficult to differentiate but by practice, we can get there.

My focus is on the following:

1) Speak less and if I speak whether it is relevant, necessary, and promotes harmony in my relationship with others and within. Give opinion only when I am asked.

2) Remove as many thoughts that are irrelevant and unnecessary for qualify of life.

3) Perform actions with passion and focus my attention to how they were carried out as opposed to performance. If every piece of the puzzle is done right, the end result should take care of itself.

4) Hunt for egoistic tendencies and try to eliminate them as much as possible. It is a lifelong exercise.

5) Accept things as is so that the mind is not burdened by analyzing the whys and what I could have done differently to produce different results.

6) Practice mindfulness as much as possible and enjoy being in the present moment as opposed to drifting to the past or future.

7) Reduce the desires as much as possible and track down how my happiness quotient is improving.

8) Try to detatch myself from things as feeling the possessions only possesses me.

9) Reduce expectations as much as possible.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Lovely and simple summary, Nandini. Felt nice to read it. This stood out for me: "not everyone and everything needs my attention and reaction." I liked the use of "reaction" rather than the more commonly used one which is "response." Indeed attention and reaction are precious commodities, we should dole them out sparingly. : )

Me:

1. Re-realized and mostly followed:
    You don't have to join every discussion, argument, debate, comparison, celebration or party you are invited to.

2. Tried to follow the Rumi Three Gates of Speech and mostly succeeded. (Is it true, is it necessary, is it kind)
    Resulted in many times erasing stuff in whatsapp before Send. : )

3. Followed the style of a dear member from here: deftly stepped aside from unnecessary conflict and argument.
    "They" don't need to know my side of the story and I don't need to have the last word.

4. My biggest achievement of the year I'd say: managed to keep speech limited when talking with my young adult child. It was not easy but I was amply rewarded. Anytime I said, "talk?" in text, I got a "Yes, in 5" response. Said child took less than 5 mins to find a quiet spot and called me. And the crowning glory: I was often the one after 25-30 mins to end the call saying, "Ok then...?" To explain the significance and enormity of this I'd have to write a book. : )

5. Almost everything related to work can wait till Monday. Not everything related to relaxation need wait till Saturday. : )

6. In progress: Keep it concise. (this will be a resolve for the new year. I mean keeping it concise in real life, not here in IL. :grinning::grinning: )

Wishing everyone and myself this for the new year:
    May you attract and collect so much peace that nothing can trigger you.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  6. nandinimithun

Wonderful and a lovely reply Sir, i think i will pick most of the points what you have mentioned, and try to imply in my life.

deepthyanoop and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. nandinimithun

Dear Rihana,
    Thank you for that lovely, thoughtful reply. I tend to react much and hence have reduced it, and want to reduce more.

I loved the points you have written,especially point number 5, that is going to be my new mantra.

Big hugs to you.

May you attract loads of love, happiness, peace and good vibes that nothing bad ever comes to you or your family.

Love
    Nandini

deepthyanoop, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Many posts and responses from you brought smiles on the face of all your followers in Indus Ladies.
    Similarly many posts from luminaries in IL never fail to provoke my thoughts.
    This year too I learnt of new things that impelled me to do research. Whether is culture or food or money or savings or Spoiler Or Ping.
    I learnt learnt lot many that brought Smiles from ear to ear.
    Naturally I owe my gratitude to all active & few dormant senior elder younger folks of IL.
    God bless all my beloved sisters, madam sisters & brother members.
    Happy MMXXIII.

nandinimithun and Rihana like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @nandinimithun ,

Living with love and gratitude is the way! When we look at others and ourselves with love in our eyes, we will be able to forgive almost anything, in others and in ourselves which automatically brings gratitude in life! A very Happy New Year to you and yours!

This is a mantra I follow and am ever grateful to be able to do that

When I pause and take a breath before reacting, I realize that I become a better person. There are instances of course when I have to sleep over things a couple of days than a simple breath but that is the way :)

nandinimithun and Thyagarajan like this.