1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

LOVE ALL - Episode 4

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

An interesting episode. Enjoyed all the characters here.

I guess my involvement with a similar site i.e. IL makesit all the more intriguing for me to read. I absolutely love the way you go through the intricate details , taking care to mention the minutest of efforts that goes in conceptualising a site like this . Gigantic efforts go in its making.

Thanks for treating us all to another masterpiece of yours.

Waiting for the next one in great anticipation.

Love,
    Devika Mol

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear bas,

Every one is busy in their own way. And for me it is a sudden outburst of activity which I am trying to cope up. When I scheduled a 20-point must-do work for this Sunday, I made replying to LA 4(and LA3 as well) part of it. And in execution of the schedule I am here.

That reminds me of my duty to reply in that meet thread. I have to schedule it in.
    The Ashok Nagar (or I would rather prefer to call it Saidapet, for the place is near Jayaraj theatre, hard-core Saidapet area, the place where I spent some of the sweetest days of my youth) meet was fabulous. Yes, I had to rope in a few logistics consultants for that - my daughter and Anusha gave valuable hints.

A fine sheet of dust covering love! A stupendous statement, bas. I think it was in 1991. When I was deeply affected by something I wrote in my scrap book that deep down everyone is good. Evil is only at the surface. And that all the problems we have in life are forces sent by God to knock off the surface evil. Saints like Ramakrishna acted always from their depths. In fact they did not have the dichotomy of "surface" and "depth". so they were good all the time.
    Even taking the pragmatic view that there is good and bad in the world, why don't we make a conscious choice of good? ALS did that and LA is hell-bent on doing that.

That's thanks to my bil who used that term to describe the small, cozy place in his new house. He uses chaste English terms and often his expressions are literary.

But bas, there's nothing original as far as boost was concerned. I saw and enjoyed gmail's themes and adopted that theme for may mail ID. And later built it into the story.

You are right. I was moved to tears - not once but several times - by that story. And I badly wanted to present that story. In fact I had planned to write it in Wednesdays with Varalotti. Then decided to bring it in as a part of the serial to have more impact.

Thanks once again. You are right about karam. But there will be some sweets as well. And yes, the posting time is the usual pre-Rahukalam time on Sunday (today).

LOVE ALL,
    boost

3. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

I am not sure whether I have won your heart as your life partner. I am happy that I could at least do that as a writer. Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Kamalji talked to me a few weeks back. I told him about ALS publication. He gave a novel idea. That since I have mentioned some shops in Chennai like GRT, Nalli etc. I should take the book to them and ask for some kind of sponsorship. He even suggested that the page can carry an ad there. It was really creative though I could not implement it being a start-up. May be I'll do that when I am known.
    But with Le Royal Meridian it is a kind of attachment ever since one of my clients took me to dinner there some years ago. I used it in HE and now here in this story.

Here's a point we all have to note. Each one of us is born here to express something. The canvas, the medium of expression and the mode of expression might be different. But whatever is expressed is ultimately nothing but love. Whether it is the cook preparing food for others, the tailor stitching clothes for others, the writer gathering words for others to read, the poet, beautifully arranging the words to melt the readers minds, the buffoon at the circus, who does so many acts to amuse others - all of these people express love.
    We human beings foolishly insist that we should express only in this medium or that medium. And we foolishly think that one medium is better than the other. Absolute ********. Writing is no way better than the amusing acts of a buffoon (Sridhar, any day buffoonery is better than your writings - I have heard this comments many times)

Such people do exist. But there is also the other extreme. Yesterday I heard about a psychiatric dil who in a fit of rage had hit her mil on her chest. The latter, a 70 year old woman, died as a result.

thanks.

Thanks once again. I have been observing one beautiful woman for the last 25 years. Her beautiful reactions have many times inspired my writings.

Thanks once again. To belittle another human being is a sin. And to do it in God's presence and in the name of God is the worst sin. Aiyawal story simply whips those who think they are superior because of the accident of their births. I was moved by the story and wrote it in my own words for KG to bring in the feelings I had when I read the story.

Sunday has come. LA 5 is ready. will be uploading it at 4 15 pm today.

LOVE ALL,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

dear bas,
    You are welcome. I know those animated avatars do not work in most of the sties.

Then you are with the majority, bas. Every one of us has his or her own tragedies to hide, tears to be camouflaged, and grief to be hidden behind some kind of leg-pulling. I am yet to find an exception to this rule. Please know that your boost is the best confirmation to the rule.
    love,
    boost

5. varalotti

My Dear DD,
    Most welcome. I was a little hesitant as that repeating the story once again might annoy the ILites. A daughter's confirmation has put my worries to rest.
    Love,
    Your SriPa

6. varalotti

Dear Mol,

A small request to you. When I address you as Mol, why should you address me as sir? You can call me sridhar. My daughter Preethi calls me by my first name most of the time.

In fact my involvement with IL almost since its inception (Site launched on 29th march 2005 and I joined on 13th June 2005) inspired me to write the story. I mentioned only a small portion of the troubles which Induslady should have had in opening the site. Well, to start with she did not have Shobana or E&Y to fund her project, or a Dr.Gayathri or Kripa to offer technical services ex gratis.

That makes us all even more indebted to Malathy.

The next one is due today, Mol. At 4 15.
    love
    sridhar (and not Sir)

7. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    - Thanks a million for those lovely words ! :)

- you are 100% right , Sridhar - there is NO exception ( not even a single ) to this rule !
    Love,
    Indhu.

8. varalotti

Dear Indhu,
    A beautiful post. You are most welcome.(I mean for the thanks. That's a fact anyway)

Even though I talked about some deep-hidden grief and sadness in a general, philosophical way, when you confirm it so strongly, it hurts.

thanks anyway.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

In a few seconds from now I will be uploading the fifth episode of LA.

For LA 4 there were not the usual number of responses or the number of views. My friends and fans blame it on the holiday season, the one-week's gap and other exotic factors. But as a writer I know that I have not written up to your mark.

This time for LA 5 I have tried harder.
    My dear daughters, sisters and friends, do have a look and tell whether I wrote better this time.
    love,
    sridhar

10. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dearest Oviya,
    Thanks yaar! Will try my best to select and post a lovely poem for each of our dear acchan's episodes..
    Love,
    Vashini