1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lost sister

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sharadhakrishna, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sharadhakrishna

sharadhakrishna New IL'ite

I woke up early. I looked at the calendar. It was my sister's birthday. She was my only sister, very close to me. More than a sister -she was someone close to me. Most people asked me if we were twins. We resembled a lot. But other than that there was nothing in common. She was with me whenever I needed help. I wanted to pick the phone and wish her on her birthday. This is the first time I could not wish her.
    My memories went racing backward.
    It was an afternoon like any other afternoon. I was serving lunch to my husband. It was not a special day and it was not a special lunch. As he was eating the phone rang.I wondered who it would be. It was my dad.He sounded very much worried. He said that my sister was sick and in a very serious condition. He asked me to come to my sister's house soon. I wondered what it could be. We don't live in the same town but I had spoken to her a couple of days back.How can people be seriously sick in such a short time. My heart told me that something was wrong- very,very wrong. I conveyed the news to my husband. I was in a state of shock. I could not speak.
    We started to my sister's place. It was a long journey. What I saw there was beyond imagination. My sister was dead. My only younger sister was dead. People said she was dead. And what reason? People said that she commited suicide. A loving wife, a doting mother-how could she do this? For what reason? I couldn't bear to see her children. How can anyone commit suicide without any reason? How can someone who is busy in the kitchen will just walk out, lock herself in a room and hang herself? And how will a person bleed from both ears after hanging herself to death.
    She looked as though she was sleeping.Nothing abnormal. I wanted to wake her and ask her what had happened? there were so many questions I wanted to ask. But to whom? Her husband's family did not utter a word.

We had shared so much,discussed a lot-recipes, clothes, about our children, family matters,friends and what not. Why is it she did not tell me that there was such a big burden in her heart? Why didn't I get a clue that on one day she will take such a decision? What made her take this decision? And who pushed her to her extreme limit? I felt so guilty for not being able to help her with her problems.
    Will I meet my sister again? Will she be my sister until then? How long should I wait? I pray to God everyday to answer my questions.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Sharadha

Welcome to Snippets. Your first post itself is very sad. Can understand your feelings. Did you find out what is the problem.
    Feel very sad. May her soul rest in peace.

love
    viji

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I am so sorry, may her soul rest in peace.

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Your questions are right? How could she do it??? Wish her soul rests in peace

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear friend

Its so sad to read your post. I dont have words to console you because I know the loss is beyond that. May her soul rest in peace. Did you able to find what is the reason. My heart went to your parents and the children. You should be like a pillar to support all of them. So be brave dear.

ganges

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

dear sharadha

your first post
    so sad...?
    some are like the stars
    they seem so near
    and yet are afar...
    shoulder burden
    of children hers...
    what other way
    can you say
    you love her...?
    may god rest her soul
    in peace

sathya

7. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Sharadha,

Very sad to hear that. I have no words to console you..... be strong.

8. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Saradha
    I know no words will console you.Be with your parents through these bad days and also her children.They are the most suffering ones,aren't they.Your sister wants that more than anything...........

9. Anushaashok

Anushaashok Junior IL'ite

Dear sharadha,

No words to console you. May her soul rest in peace

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear,
    very sorry to hear the news. I can empathise with you, I too lost my younger sister some years ago, it was a natural death.
    But your sister comiting suicide, do try to find what happened. Nothing can bring her back at least we can console ourselves if there was any foul play or something. Talk to her children and neighbours and try to find out. I can imagine your parents' grief and sorrow. My mother is unconsolable even after 13 years and father's health deteriarated after the incident.
    I pray that God gives you all the strength to bear this great sadness and pain. Be strong and take care of your parents.