1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lost interest in dieting!!!!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Rums, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi Ils,

I think I have lost interest in diet and fitness completely. I lost 10 pounds and gained it all back. Nowadays I am eating way too much junk food and I don't like that at all. I tried changing my exercise and food. Any motivators??

Thanks!!

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Rums,

Probe into the reasons first. It could be due to personal or other reasons. List down your reasons into controllable and uncontrollable. You can get hold on (and should) the controllable ones. Moreover, you should view eating healthy as a continuous process and not just dieting to lose weight.

Managing food portions is very important. Weigh yourself every once or in two weeks. You should know where to stop. You did a mistake to allow to pile the ten pounds. Now do not regret. You cannot change what has happened, but remember if you lost ten pounds once, you can do it again.

Join any existing thread here and restart your journey.

3. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pman. I have just lost interest and I am bored of dieting and exercising
    :((. Maybe I will get into the exercising phase again soon...Cannot think of any specific reason but my craving for food has gone high. I wasn't exactly depriving myself from any food. I find exercising boring which is totally unlike me. I used to love exercising.

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Any kind of exercise can get monotonous, try to change your exercise pattern and bring in some variation from time to time. I too lost interest in gym and hv discontinued now and play badminton sometimes or jog or do stationary cycling. Get a 10 visit pass or so in your local sports center and try various classes in a month. This way you need not be a member and at the same time can try all the classes.

5. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks Pman. Will def try that. Thanks so much!!!!

6. rashima4u

rashima4u Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear,
    you are not the only one...it happens sometime
    try to do something new or have a new company.

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Dear Rums

I too went through tihs of losing interest in exercises and laziness crept in. With Winter coming up and mornings being dark, it is hard to keep up the motivation.

I started doing Zumba and have seen my motivation levels kick back in. Join us on Dance away with Zumba if you like a change in routine

8. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks Ptamil. I started doing light exercises and I feel really good. I literally have to drag myself to exercise though :). Will come and join you guys to get a kick start.

9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rums,

I am too a great lover of junk foods............chicken manchurian dry, paneer chilly dry..........hot dog etc, are my favourite foods. I worked on a novel idea. That is to impose a self discipline of having to eat only three idlies on every alternate dinners. I call it 'idlie days'. On idlie days, I am stricting eating only idlies. The remaining days, I give the liberty to myself to eat anything I like.

On a thirty days month, 'idlie days' would be fifteen. The remaining fifteen days, I can freak out with all junk food. But, gradually, I lost interest in junk food......may be not 100 % , but certainly 90 %.

Now I eat junk food, only twice a week.........thanks to my 'idlie day' discipline. Here are the details of the same :

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/126120-lost-four-kg-four-months.html

I think, you may find the idea useful to you.

10. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks indianguy. Nowadays I don't get time to make idlis. Glad you are having idli days. But I will def cut down on the junk!!!..