1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Identity

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Mar 8, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear SS,

Your FB was summarizing my story and you have touched the crux of the reason why I have penned this story. I deliberately called it as a gift for the woman on Womans Day. so that many out there, starting looking inwards and walk towards a better life.

Chitvish does not belong to this generation, her posts, her FB's, her threads does show that she had immense potential in her which was thriving to take shape. She did take the opportunity of being a member of this site and the rest is history, words started pouring like rain from her threads, wisdom was shared through Gita, cooking need be so cumbersome - she explained to us and marched towards IL Hall of Fame. Her witty disposition, her intelligence is at par of any generation and as you say she has carved a niche for herself. She proudly holds IL Meet-Up's which is more equivalent to any of the Board Meetings her spouse must be having. She is not just a mother, grandma, but a friend to more than 10,000 members.

This transformation is required to achieve what we want. Soaring Spirit, your F.B's have been always precious to me. Do keep stepping in.

I am immensely humbled to know that this Gift was accepted by my fellow members. Thanks a ton SS.

Love

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Sudha,

Thanks for writing in and felt honoured that you enjoyed the story very much.

As you have aptly said, very few take the step of re-inventing themselves and making life more merrier.

Do keep writing in, this humble gift which is placed to you all was accepted and loved by everyone.

It has touched my heart too.

Thanks buddy once again.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sindhu,

Welcome to my thread.

Even I hope a day comes, that we need not have to remind woman "not to lose their identity".

Keep writing in.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Parul,

Happy to see you here. I am sure this is my first interaction with you and am feeling humbled to know that you appreciate this gift.

Thanks for writing in.

5. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Thanks for this wonderful gift on women's day!!!
    You have a great style of writing a cute way of expressing the emotions through your characters.
    I feel so justified of my work and life and grooming and all that stuff after reading this story. Yes we women need to realize our 'identity' and keep it up to maintain self-esteem.
    Bowthank you again for giving such a beautiful story as a gift to us.

-warm regards,
    Hema

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hema,

Thanks a ton for liking the post and feeling honoured after reading your kind words of appreciation. When I have readers like you, words flow naturally, all for my readers. Do step in, you will find some more amusing threads in my list.

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear malspie,
    It was a brilliant and fantastic write up(story).:wow:hatsoff You have exactly portrayed the scenario of what is happening today.What a wonderful message you left behind.Keep up.:thumbsup

Practically speaking,many women after marriage do not lay preference on keeping fit,looking good upto the mark.As you have insisted,one should look good not to satisfy or impress others but for her own self and feeling of completeness.This not only holds good for women alone,but for men too_Only after watching the cd and comparing her looks with her husband's staffs,she realised that she should take care of herself.But i feel there is a bitter truth inside the story.Of course viji was loved by her husband as she was.But still she would have felt she was ignored because of her changing looks.Agreed,that is not the case.When rajesh was making it a point to look neat and trim even after age rolls on,as is not the case with her,so probably this could be the reason for her change.She would have felt while her partner was good looking she should match him.She would have felt the usual way when her husband was dancing with somebody.

This is my view.I will not confuse you any more:hide: :hide: but i insist the strong message in the story to be followed by every woman.I think the caption in the women's horlicks advertisement (I think so don't remember exactly)would aptly fit here.It says "Your body needs you too"

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi,

You have nurtured my efforts with a wonderful feedback. There was a hidden message in it and was easily understood by you. Agreed to the fact, that woman tend to ignore themselves and spin a cocoon around them which later chokes their heart, mind and soul!

Thank you dear!

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

This is such a lovely story for woman like us ... I know this is bit late reply from me as it was posted in march but I felt like replying to this as I was moved by your lovely story writing ... Yes, we do forget us as we get involved more on our duties and dedicate us to family ... But, you have clearly explained the truth ... yes, we should not forget ourself ... :bowdown:bowdownThanks for sharing this lovely cute story with all of us dearie ... :)

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh My Lahy,

I always thought you are young college going girl, sorry for not visiting your profile! Ha Ha. Your spirit is lively as you follow posts and do post filled with vibrance. Bow for your enthusiasm!

The story was penned with a hidden message and you have cracked it neatly.

Thanks for stepping in.