1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Identity

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Mar 8, 2008.

1. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Mals,

Thanks for your wonderful gift to all the ilites on a very special occassion from a very special lady Bow
    Happy Womans day to you too!!!

you have narrated the story in a simple way and i liked it a lot.
    keep them coming dear.......

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,
    Nice one yaar!
    taking time for ourselves is as important as looking after the family, well said...

Happy Woman's Day to you too!

sriniketan

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Wow Mals, What a lovely gift to all the ILs on the womans day.

You have sent across the message very subtly and the flow of the story was very smooth and captivating.I am sure many of the ILs who fall in this category will be inspired by this story.

Happy Womans Day.

Roopa.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mals,

It surely is a good gift.

There are lot of them around us. they lose their identity amidst the other roles
    Rediscovering themselves is definitely needed, for their own self esteem, confidence and to gain that new innings of love and respect from others...

Happy women's day.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mals sweetheart
    Excellently written...a model to follow..sometimes with the background we come in its difficult to change or adapt..You have put in words so very beautiful.Happy Womans Day.

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,
    You just hit the nail on the head.
    Let me just elaborate a little.
    Losing the identity was expected from women of my generation, in yesteryears, because we were expected to “identify ourselves completely” with our spouse’s family.
    I did find it difficult doing this in my initial years of our joint family, having been brought up “liberally” by my parents.
    But I had to underplay myself till I was accepted by my in-laws atleast as a dutiful bahu.
    Once, we started living on our own, I realised I must fly far and wide with whatever interests and desires I had, to be the real “me”.

In the process of identifying ourselves with all the roles we play in life, we forget that there is essentially an identity as an individual. We realise it only when disillusionment starts creeping in, as in Viji’s case.
    Self-introspection regularly helps us identify the dark spots of our life and identify our inner strengths. We must do this first for our own sake and for the sake of others who interact with us.
    We should never forget, the broadest perspective of the statement
    A thing of beauty is a Joy forever.
    Lovely post, Mals ! You are a woman of substance who makes IL proud.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Very well narrated story with a good moral presented on a perfect day.

I agree that ladies get so engrossed in there duties, esp after marriage that they have no time for themselves, which is very rare in case of men's(like rajesh... they r the same what they used to be before and after marriage).

Enjoyed it throughly, and this post would defn be an good eyeopener for all us ilites.

Cheers
    vaidehi

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you very much dear I'ltes for reading this so patiently. Hope I did not take much of your time.....

Dear Sweetypie...No, you did not take much time or anything from us...As a matter of fact, you gave something to all of us with this interesting story of yours.

I think that there are plenty of Vijis amongst us and this is a very timely wake up call to all of them. It is so easy to let yourself go and that surely is a mistake many of us women commit. So, this indeed is a very good gift to women and thank you!

A Happy Woman's Day to you too Mals, although I think you are a happy woman everyday....way to go:)

And as is the habit of your's, you have made it to the FP even this month..:))))

L, Kamla

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Corallux,

Bai, zoplis nahis azun, kartes kai. (Still not asleep, what are you doing?),

They have asked you the right question, not for anybody but for ourselves we need to live and live it the way we want to and lose our identity. A little sacrifice is inevitable, need not give up ourself and then as you have rightly mentioned "Hit the roof".

Dhanyawad maitrin, yeth za...
    (Thank you friend, keep coming).

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lotus007,

You have sprang up a surprise visit, after a long siesta.

I relate myself with the characters and pen my writing and thats why they appear real to my readers. Narration has to be lucid for everyone to understand and it has been my basic principle in writing. Your appreciation has set new levels for me. Hope I live up to your expectations.

I am happy you liked the GIFT.