1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lost and found

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 10, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Lost and Found

One Friday my sister removed her diamond earrings and the nose-rings and kept them on a platform (Perumal medai) and went to take oil-bath. In the afternoon she went to take them and put them on, but to her dismay she could not find both the earrings. She asked my mother whether she took and kept them somewhere safely. My mother told that she had not seen them. My mother got frightened as the earrings were very costly and we had to answer our brother in law. My sister also was very much afraid and we all turned the whole house inside out, but we couldn’t find it. There was a small rat hole at the corner of the medai and we all inserted our hands into it and we couldn’t find anything as far as hands reached. Though we knew that we had to face the wrath of our brother in law for the carelessness, we had no other alternative but to inform him. As soon as he got the news he asked whether we had given a police complaint. My father told him that after informing him he wanted to give the complaint. He got wild and told to give the complaint immediately. My father went and gave the complaint. Two policemen and one inspector came to enquire. They asked my parents whether they had suspicion about anyone. My mother told that she had no suspicion on anyone. They asked particularly about the tenant and my mother replied in the negative. She told that, as there was a rat hole there was a chance that even the rat could have dragged it into the hole. Then he asked sarcastically whether the rat had bored both the ears to wear the earrings in each ear. Then they went and started their enquiry with the old lady. They told that she could have stolen and handed over it to someone and asked her whether she had any relatives in the city. She told them that her eldest daughter was living in the city and gave her address. They went there and made enquiries but to no avail. The next day my brother in law came and threatened the old lady. She asked him why he didn’t suspect my mother. She also could have taken it. He told her to shut up, as he knew very well about my mother all these years. In the mean while my brother in law’s driver Govindan inserted his hand in the rat hole and to everyone’s surprise he got one of the earrings. Then he went to the other side of the rat hole that was at the tenant’s bathroom side and dug it up and found the other earring also. All of us were surprised because we all had tried the previous day, but no one could find it. No one could solve the mystery till date that how it was found there!
    This incident had happened long ago and I could still remember vividly the trauma we all underwent. But by GOD's Grace it had a happy ending. But still it is an unsolvable mystery!

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Truth is stranger than fiction , and Providence works in mysterious ways indeed !

manjula

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

[
    !

Dear manjula[/quote]
    You had expressed aptly. Many incidents had occured in our life to prove this.
    Could you believe it? Read it in another thread. It will be quite interesting and they are all true incidents. You must read " Saving valuable lives"
    With love,
    Pushpavalli

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi

i would like to share one of our experience of lost and found.
    We were in Naliya a small place Air Force base near Bhuj in Gujrat.
    Our new academy session was starting so we went for purchasing books etc. At the same time we had a marriage function so my mom planned to purchase some for gift. Whole day we did shopping purchased everything we got 5 bags. We went for snacks in a small shop kept our bags nearby and busy enjoying Gujrati snacks. Now it was tome to leave for home so we left. When we reached home we started looking for all the items but one bag missing in which we kept gold chain my mom's purse which still had good amount and sarees. We were shocked at the moment but what next to do, it was night so we were supposed to wait for the next morning. But by the God's grace our night's tension was gone. After 1hr only one of the Air Force guard man came to our home and asked do u know the people who went to city by Air Force bus. We said almost everyone and why u want to know then he said one man came from city with a big bag and he have idea it belongs to our camp only. This was time to be happy we went then that asked tell me items in the bag and then he returned. This is not only with us in Gujrat still there are many shops they will keep ur items safely.

1 person likes this.
  5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

a good read pushpa,
    i am amazed abt gujarat too. that too gold, my it must be the land of golden heart then...regards sunkan