1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

losing husband to IN laws

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by hope86, Jun 28, 2013.

1. hope86

hope86 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    This is a space for all women struggling to keep your husband from the clutches of your In laws. I will start my tragic story from the beginning. I am a healthcare prof.

My family consists of my MUM & Grandmum & sister. My dad never supported us financially or emotionally from the beginning. He lived with us but always schemed against us & always fought with my mom. He only wanted our money & property. He tortured us mentally always. My mom only tolerated this cos she thought i won;t get a good proposal if she got divorced. I got married at the age of 24 yrs to a healthcare professional arranged marraige. I was studying at that time so we hadn't started living together but only visited each other. Before marraige itself the husbnd & IN laws were ok with my education & studying. We were just getting to know one another , at first everything was rosy n all. Then the problems started my husband turned out to be a slave to his parents as in he would say all that i told him to his parents, He could not do anything independently , He was 34 yrs old & was dropped to his workplace by his dad, He even took thier help to book tickets to our honeymoon. When i visited his place his dad would not allow us to go out, eat from out , he controlled everything. My husband's every breath was controlled by his dad. It was unbearable. My FIL even tried to verbally abuse my mom. I tried to explain things to my HUSbnd but to no avail. He didn't support me even 1% but joined with his dad & started fighting witth me. He put my calls on loudspeaker & said he wud record it & keep it as proof against me. He stopped calling me & when i asked him to meet me in person & talk he never came to meet me. I even suggested meeting outside my house without anyone knowing but he never came. Finally we ended up in divorce.

during this time i also came to know that my dad was involved with my INlaws in scheming against us, badmouthing my mum & me & making them against us. WE wre vry hurt & my mom divorced my dad as he had spoilt my life.

6 months aftermy divorce i met a nice guy named V through a matrimonial site & we became friends. He was a divorcee too. His wife had left him as she didn't want a family, kids only intrested in career thats wat he told me. V told me that he doesn't smoke or drink at home only socially. V had a awesome job, was not very goodlukin but was talking honestly & jovial or so i thought. He made me laugh. WE fell in love & wanted to get married. But his parents were against us getting married reason said was my family problems. I told everything to V frankly & said marry me only if ur parents agree. V struggled to convince his parents, once he came home drunk & told me his parents were forcing him to marry sum1else i told him to decide on his own. I told him i love him but i cant force him to marry me without his parents consent. I should have noticed his drinknig but he told he did so only becos of his parents pressure so that he wud get confidence to face them. V convinced his parents & we got married.

Well it was a wonderful time after marrying him, we wre head over heels in love & wre vry happy being with one another. But happy endings never last na.
    In came my evil MIL & FIL. My MIL & FIL started coming frequently to our place. ( note they originally stayed at native place own house) & they would stay on for days on end. MY MIL would fill my DH head with nonsense & create fights between us. My Inlaws would fume seeing the love between me n my DH. mY DH V was very expressive too so they were seething jealous. My MIL wud orrder me to do certain things, superstitions etc but i didn't mind as i was totally happy. She was jealous if my DH V wud give me any gifts & wanted them for herself. TUrns out my MIL is possessive about my DH like hell. She wud insist on serving fud to him herself, & everything like that . That too i never botherd i thought so be it if that makes her happy. I was still happy as V was showering me with love & care. WE wre on top of the world, magical bond really. I wud do every little thing for him though he was only towards his work. All house hold responsibility on me. He wud give me cash , had maid but won;t take any responsibility like buying provisions & all.

2. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

And your question is?

4 people like this.
  3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

DG you made me laugh.

well,OP we can only guess your problem which is over interference of Inlaws.there are 2 ways to go either fight create lots of tension,make your hubby against you or Ignore.really what does it matter if she serves food to your hubby ,it just lessens your work.
    secondly don't show off whatever gifts he is giving you to your MIL.if hubby is showing yourself,tell him to get her another one & if he can't afford don't show off.

now, i feel hubby drinking too much is also a problem though you did not mention it.personally ,i feel no one can do anything till the person concerned wants to get over his addiction.when he is ready to stop drinking support him otherwise just keep on stating your displeasure over his drinking but when he is sobber.never agrue or fight with drunk person.
    P.S:your past story has no relevance in the present story so you can shorten it by just mentioning that you are a divorcee .same with your parents story

4. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Is there a part 2..just curious..

1 person likes this.
  5. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

stay tuned Computer Typing

1 person likes this.
  6. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite