1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Losers Delight - Story Until Now

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kashvya, Jun 4, 2010.

1. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

My Journey So far......

Day 8 - Jun 1, 2010
    Today for me is memorial Day. Exactly one year ago, I lost my dad, on Jun 01, 2009. He was 59; counting excitingly dwindling days to retirement. He passed away in sleep and till date, we do not know what caused his departure!
    Heart Attack some say! Some say diabetes. We dont know. He was pretty healthy for his age. The mystery will continue to elude till the date I pass away and meet him again.
    This Blog and this attempt to lose weight is dedicated to you Appa. Dearest Appa, I love you and miss you lots.
    My dad's death should have created a spark in me - to lose weight and to be healthy. However, it didn't. The grief should have stopped me from devouring those sweets. I only increased my quantity. The hope that my dad would be reborn as my child and be present against our midst should have motivated me to lose weight. It didn't. I always kept telling myself that I would eventually get there - but until about a week back, I never did.
    I'm now at a crossword in my life where I have to lose weight and be healthy. This calls for action on my part ; I really need to act. I have been, over the past weeks silently following 1 blog that has motivated me to begin this war against the flab
    Fat Chic Goes Slim

Shiva, I owe this continued momentum (the longest in fact) of 8 days to the wisdom that I gained from your blogs. Thank You! you rock

This blog would be a honest effort on my part to commit myself to losing weight and to capture my emotions, joy, sorrow, pain, the little "aha" moments. I have been following a self customized diet and exercise plan for the last 7 days and today infact is Day 8. 8 is actually my favourite number and what a way to begin the blog.

Day 9 Treading New Waters - Jun 2, 2010

Today is an important day! I have had this momentum going for the last 8 days and I have even begun blogging like so many of those winners out there! I need to keep up the momentum. But dont we all know Murphy's Law?
    This time, I want to circumvent the Murphy's Law. Things need not always go wrong. I have a plan! I think I do :)

I have been invited to a function this evening and the functions hosts a dinner! Well, I must admit. I always swoon in front of food. Sometimes. when I see/ smell / taste food, I dont even remember that I'm supposed to be in control. All my promises to myself are forgotten and "Kay - the demon" takes over. And only when this demon recede's, do I even remember my good intentions. And then the downfall starts all over !!!! I indulge and indulge without Guilt!

I'm hoping today will be different. I have a plan - not a detailed one as Sean would have. I have just started reading Sean's blogs from Day 1 and his self control has been amazing. When he talks about portion control - he sounds like a breeze. Only I'm yet to even classify as a beginner, leave alone mastering the art.

I'm not going to talk about my plan now. I'm going to wait another 4 hours to get back to this blog again and the update.

Testing new water! Wish me luck !

Day 9 - Update
    I did it! My mind finally conquered my taste buds and my eyes. Food did not tempt me today. I did eat a bit of food today - but I ate all the healthy ones. I avoided the desserts and the fries.

I finally did it! This is a big milestone for me. I finally enjoyed a family event without the anticipation of what would be in for dinner or without the fear of ' would there be all the items in the menu left before I get to the tables?'

Ahhhh! the sweet taste of success! I'm still gloating. Let me enjoy this moment and get back to serious work tomorrow. Tomorrow is an important day for me - Its weigh Day 2 and also my foray into a 2 digit number of this healthy streak - Day 10.

Regain Control, Regain Life
    Kashvya

Day 10
    A Success and a Disappointment

I conquered one more demon this morning. I woke up when the alarm rang and
    was all set to hit the gym by 6.30 A.M. The treadmill welcomed me.
    Listening to Chennai Live - 104.8 FM in my mobile phone, I slowly began the
    workout. I reached a peak on 4.5 km/hr, I pushed myself for 45 minutes on
    the treadmill. I burnt approximately 175 Calories.
    BTW we have a Spirit TreadMill in the gym and I'm not sure if the callibrations were miles/hr or Kms/hr - I will need to find out.

I then hit the Elliptical. After the 45 minutes on the treadmill, my head
    was reeling. But I had a new sense of optimism and continued on the
    elliptical for another 15 Minutes.
    So, there I was, with 60 minutes of exercise between 6.30 and 7.30 in the morning.

I came home, had coffee and treated myself to a breakfast of Bread Toast -
    this is my favourite. I had 3 slices with very lil butter, jam and cheese
    spread - I know I know! I indulged. I should have stopped with the planned
    2 slices but gave into the inviting third.So, you see, I was being bad here and I was punished. I weighed myself to find that I had actually gained 1 Kg. Wow! But its all probably for the good like another wake up call. I will review all that I ate last week. I was sincere in working out for atleast an hour everyday ; so , it must have been what I had eaten!

I finally visited www.billionheartsbeating.com and took the pledge
    1. Take the stairs more often instead of the elevator
    2. Cut down on sweets and chocolates
    3. Meditate for 2 minutes everyday
    4. Smile more often

Have you taken the pledge yet?

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Oh My God, You are here. I almost missed your blog. BTW madam, I am not able to leave comments on your blog outside IL, I guess its because of the settings.

Good show girl. You will do it. Three cheers for you.

Lots of love and all the very best.

You can do it girl. Just keep going.

regards

Shiva