1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

LO's poor intake when i am near her...Need your Suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by swaran, Jun 25, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mommies,

My LO 10 months old, is not a very good eater from the beginning..She often shows her refusal when we try to feed solids( only towards foods that are meant for her)...I am a working mom and i still feed her...She doesn't like any other milk (like formula or aavin)..loves BM...i feed her till i leave for office and then after i return back and all through the night... Weekends, i am always available full time

Now letme tell you the problem

Often during weekends,my LO shows more resistance towards solids and she likes to move her day with BM(she knows that i am around)...her solid intake becomes almost 60% compared to the weekdays...
    (to mention,even during weekdays after i return back,she shows her resistance towards solids but not tat much)

But she is very active..doesn't sit even for a minute..naughty of course....sleeps well in the night...weight is not low

My concerns are ..

(1) whether this habit of hers is fine,managing with BM mostly during weekends...her resistance towards taking solids becoming more when i am around ??

(2)what in case my supply becomes less ..now she is growing and learning more, so will this be fine for her??

Please pour in ur views and suggestions....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

As your LO grows she needs to eat solid food. BM alone will not be sufficient. With solids you will get different nutrients. Try offering her variety of foods...May be she is ready for finger foods. Try letting her feeding herself. If she is not ready to feed herself then may be someone else can feed her instead of you.
    Your LO might be thinking that why eat solids when momma is around. So may be if someone else feeds her then it may work.

After she is 1 year old you can start giving her whole milk.
    Meanwhile you can give her boiled vegetables, dal rice, yogurt, cheese, fruits etc...

My DS is almost 11 months old and he struggles to eat foods with texture but I keep offering them. Somedays he eats and somedays he doesn't

Consistency is the key. So keep offering her. One day it will work.

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks mridusudha

my MIL and FIL take care of her when i am not around and they really take wonderful care and they do try by all means to make her eat...but she is fussy,this weekend was little ok compared to the weekdays...she had somethin...i did try a few different foods...i started givin her cheese from saturday and she dint like so just asked my mother to try puttin in the soups...

hope it works out