1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lord Or Image Of Kith In Wallet

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Once an old man was travelling by train on a pilgrimage to Brindavan.

At night, whilst he was asleep, his wallet fell from his pocket.

A co-passenger found it the next morning and enquired as to whom the wallet belonged. The old man said it was his. A image of Lord Krishna inside the wallet was proof that the wallet really belonged to him.

The old man then began to relate the story of the wallet to a group of eager listeners around him.

Lifting up the purse for all to see, the old man said: This purse has a long history behind it.

My father gave it to me years ago when I was a mere schoolboy. I kept my little pocket money in it and also a photograph of my parents.

Years passed. I grew up and began studying at university. Like every youth, I became conscious of my appearance. I replaced my parents’ photograph with that of my own and I would look at it often. I had become my own admirer.

Then came marriage. Self-admiration gave way to the consciousness of a family. Out went my own picture and I replaced it with that of my wife’s. During the day I would open the wallet many times and gaze at the picture. All tiredness vanished and I would resume my work with enthusiasm.

Then came the birth of my first child. What a joy I experienced when I became a father! I would eagerly rush home after work to play with my little baby. Needless to say, my wife’s picture had already made way for the child’s.

The old man paused. Wiping his tearful eyes, he looked around and said in a sad voice: Friends, my parents passed away long ago. My wife too died five years ago. My son- my only son- is now married. He is too busy with his career and his family. He has no time for me. I now stand on the brink of death. I do not know what awaits me in future. Everything I loved, everything I considered my own, has left me.

A picture of Lord Krishna now occupies the place in my wallet. I know He will never leave me. I wish now that I had kept HIS picture with me right from the beginning!

He alone is true; all others are just passing shadows.

Earthly ties are transitory. Today they seem to be the be-all and end-all of life, and tomorrow they vanish.

Our real tie is with God. God is one’s very own. It is the eternal relationship. He is ever looking after us.

Our wealth will remain on earth; our cattle will remain in the stables, our spouse will come till the entrance door, our relatives and friends will come till the cremation ground, our body will accompany us till the funeral pyre, but on the way beyond this life only our Karmas will accompany us.

Therefore, one must strive to do only good. ( not just keeping the printout of Lord Krishna in wallet or purse or hanging a pendant with lord embossed in it).

Mistt likes this.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Good message!