1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Loosing My Mind

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ciny, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Doc_mommy

Doc_mommy New IL'ite

So sad to read your story! And hope you are able to come out of this. I agree with the advice of building a strong relationship with the spouse.

2. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

You are a brave and self made woman. You should go back to your original self. Of course, DH, DD and family are important, but your health, happiness and existence as person is more important for moving forward. You must find a job in which you could perform / find happiness.

Your DH seems to be very manipulative in order to 'remain in power'. He seems to be a dominating type. He blames you to make you feel guilty so that you would surrender completely.
    So far it worked very well. Marriage is not a war or trade. There should be sharing, give/take and respect.

You must seriously plan your career and find a job. Gain your own identity. Knowing his dominant and manipulative nature, you may use your brain rather that heart and avoid confrontation at home. IGNORE the comments / proposals which you dont like. You just act and do not react.

You have the right attitude. No job is bad. Earning just 10 USD per day by doing something is better than doing nothing. You are a good cook, why dont you plan small scale catering service to small party's and family events? By doing that you meet lots of new people and new opportunities. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. All the best..

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Ciny

I can see a lot of issues here: past, present and future.

Do you respect yourself? Why do you feel this desperate need to stay married? Can you consider your marriage as a 'Bad investment' and move out?

Yeh, life will be tough but these challenges are better than rotting in a marriage. This type of men will want to control their spouses forever and they will not change. Chances of their changing is remote.

With every passing day, you are growing older and your chances to find jobs or another life partner for yourself also gets tougher. So wake up, see marriage counsellors at the earliest and take a hard decision within the next 3 or 6 months.

Sorry, if my words sound blunt. Isn't truth always a little harsh?