Loosing hopes need some encouraging words

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by apurish18, Dec 2, 2010.

1. apurish18

apurish18 Senior IL'ite

Hi

I took clomid for 5 cycles and all failed. Im loosing my hopes, feel like crying. Why god is punishing me. Tomorrow going to meet the doctor, Im so scared what he is going to say. Please give me some confidence, as I have pcos im so scared thinking about that.

2. meetumeetu

meetumeetu New IL'ite

I have a friend who had 3 failed cycles of clomid and got pregnant on her own when she just took a break for one month so don worry!!! Keep your hope and pray to god..

Even i was diagonosed with pcos yesterday.She put me on clomid.how did they diagonose for pcos? Did you have cysts or something?

3. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Well, worry if you must. I know it sounds crazy but feel what you feel. Allow yourself to be how you want to be day to day. There is no need to curb anything.

TTC is not an easy journey for many. I know. I struggled to concieve for more than 4 years and I was in my late 20s when I started. I was on clomid, then we tried IUI, then finally IVF. I used to get irritated when someone would tell me that things would be fine. How would they know?

I also used to get irritated whenever I heard someone tell me that they tried for 3 weeks and boom they were pregnant! I questioned god's love for me and the reason for my suffering. It was not until last year when my son was born that I realized that I had to wait for my special delivery just so I would enjoy him more.

However, if someone had told me that I would have DS in the year 2009, back then, I would not have believed them. It would not have given me any warmth or feeling of comfort. I would have continued to be sad and fearful. Nothing makes the pain go away completely until your have a baby in your arms. I underwent the misery of those years like I would a penance.

So what does that have to do with you? Well. You will never know when it will work out. It could be soon and it could be a little while down the line. Stopping the count helps you stay in the present and save energy for every attempt like you did the first time.

Try to distract yourself if you can until the appointment or simply surrender to the pain and breath deep. You are not alone in your situation. At TTC forum, you will find yourself embraced and encircled by others who know how you feel. Share your feelings here and with others, unburden yourself, see if anyone can give you any advice on nutrition, excercize etc. that may have helped them. You will get through this. Like others have before you.

One last piece of advice: Don't struggle with your feelings. Surrender.

Good luck.

Drpreethis and rajalakshmigopal like this.
  4. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Wow! DNM - Well said!

Dear OP,

Its easy for all of us out there to try our best to encourage you. But the best person who can encourage you - is you - yourself. Unless you feel the need to lift your spirits, no words of encouragement will help or break through your mind barrier.

DNM really said it well already.

All I want to share is - always remember - we always have two choices.. In this case, you can choose to get discouraged or you can choose to find a solution to the problem. Both are reactions - based on how you are built as a person. The big difference in those reactions is - in the former - your body gets a negative signal and your harmones react accordingly. In the later - you encourage your harmones to give their best and work in unison towards a common goal.

Choice is really yours - no one else can make that choice about how you want to react or how you should react.

Let your emotions come out, tell yourself what all you are afraid of, get all the fears out in the open.. empty your mind.. And then just take fresh breaths, wear nice clothes, go shopping, rent a nice movie, cuddle with your DH - get a takeaway and spend the time with him. Enjoy what you have.

This all may sound cruel to you right now - and you may feel that we are not paying attention to what you are saying.. These probably are not the ways you are expecting to hear.. but acknowledging the reality, accepting the fact and working towards future is the only solution to any problem - including this.

So let go of these negative thoughts. What's the worst doc can say tomorrow? You need to go on diet, take some meds for some time, may be do laproscopy, go for IUI etc.. Trust me - you are not at dead end to feel so discouraged. You have lots of options - just positive approach is required.

All the best! :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  5. ashakarthik

ashakarthik Silver IL'ite

Hi apurish,

as dnm has posted dont worry..god knows everything.surely this is worth waiting..am also ttc for 2 months...now i feel bad that i dint get any news till now.so i can understand the pain of yours too...dont worry..as pple say relax and try your level best...

all the best and wish your doc gives a good suggestion and hope u give us all a good news soon...don worry,visit the doc and come back happily..

will pray to god for all pple who are in ttc...

loads of baby dust for you...

asha

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Apurish,
    Just relax.... DNM & IH said the things well.... Stressing yourself is not going to take you anywhere. Just relax & think on the next set of things.... Forget the past, think on the future & work in the present. There are many souls just like you waiting for the bundle of joy after so many attempts & struggles... We just keep moving forward.

Don't get scared on the appointments. Collect all your doubts & confusions, ask your doc in your appointment. Take charge of this change to question them & get the answers. Take up the best thing that suits you!

With PCOS many have won, many are winning each day, one fine day you will win too! PCOS is not a incurable disease.... We can treat it, handle it better with care.
    Be positive. Don't loose yourself while crying.
    Baby dust to you.

7. apurish18

apurish18 Senior IL'ite

Hi

Thanks Meetu, DNM, IH, Asha and Vasumathy. Today went to doctors office, he asked to do semen analysis once again and an ultra sound for me. Once these results come he will decide what to do.

Meetu

Im not sure about cysts, but my LH and prolactin was high.

8. meetumeetu

meetumeetu New IL'ite

Just relax yourself and go for a small vacation .Just share all your concern with DH and just cry to him.Believe me it helps so much.I was so depressed for the last three days finally i broke down yesterday.Just think it as a rough phase of life.It will move on. And yes regarding LH my LH is 9.6.Is that too high!!!

9. apurish18

apurish18 Senior IL'ite

Hi Meetu,

On which day of your cycle u took LH test. Usually on 3rd day of our cycle they use to test.

I took my LH in India and these are the normal values given in my report.

Follicular phase: 2.4- 12.6 MIU/ML
    Mid cycle peak: 14.0-95.6 MIU/ML
    Luteal phase: 1.0-11.4 MIU/ML

10. jeysh18

jeysh18 New IL'ite

Hi Meetu,

Do not worry. All will be fine. I was married in June 2008, and was TTC from Mar '09.. no luck, was diagnosed with PCOS, was overweight, what not? Was put on clomid for about 6 months, no luck.. Then, my doc in Mangalore did a series of tests, including ultrasounds, semen analysis for my husband repeated twice, then follicle studies for about 5-6 months. Was put on Letrozole, and after a failed cycle, d doc told me we will try once again, else, she will try IUI. Was really scared, and that was when to add to the ailments, I was diagnosed with thyroid too! Believe me, rather unexpectedly, on the next cycle, I conceived! Now, am into my final few weeks of pregnancy.

Do not get frustrated with happenings, things will take their own course, and God would already have charted his own path for your sweet little one to make its way into the world. Hope my narration helps ease some of your nervousness and frustration at least..

Take care, all will be well.

Love,

Jeyshree