1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Loosing 2 lbs per week

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sudhirakumar, Jan 29, 2016.

1. sudhirakumar

sudhirakumar Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am wondering, is it possible to loose 2 lbs per week? if so how is it possible? I have to loose 20 lbs to reach my goal. Did any one try it? Did you succeed? I am a vegetarian south indian living in US.
    It would be great if you guys advice me on that. I am really motivated to do and I need more form you all. Any one planing to join me? let me know?

Thanks you all :)

2. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

S it possible to loose 2lb per week but if n only if u follow the following rules
    1-- very less oil n carbs
    2-- eat only once with less carbs is, chapathi, brown rice, veggies.
    3-- brake fast eat cereals r fruits
    4-- eat fruits at 9t before 8pm
    5-- do 1 hr exe mrg + eve
    6-- drink 8gls of water
    7-- drink green tea, ginger tea
    8-- no junck food
    9-- one day leave
    10-- eat cucumber more

Eat healthy n stay wow

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

The accumulation of body fat varies with genetics, diet, activity level, general health and many other poorly understood factors, including microorganisms colonizing the gut. The site where fat is deposited in the body is strongly influenced by genetics. Spot-loss is not possible. So, there is no universal answer to your question - the question becomes: 'is trying to lose 2 lbs. a week a viable goal for me?'.

One workable strategy is:
    (a) Determine percent body-fat (Not BMI! It is possible to be 'skinny-obese'! I.e., low weight, but high percent body-fat. Google it).
    (b) Identify a target weight & percent body-fat.
    (c) You live in the US, so use something like 'My Fitness Pal' to monitor food intake and chart progress.
    (d) Increase exercise, especially with weights.
    (d) Start with a target of 1 lb loss a week. This is mostly doable. Anything beyond that may affect nutrition and overall health. However, if you find that you can handle a 1 lb target easily, then perhaps you can crank up your workouts & their frequency - although this is not generally advisable.