1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

loose weight naturally

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 4mangopeople, Feb 15, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Some easy and fast ideas to loose weight naturally:
    • Make water your favorite drink. Avoid taking soft drinks or carbonated beverages. Replace them with water. Water helps in reducing weight.
    • Have 5 to 6 small meals or snacks in a day. Eating several small meals keeps blood sugar steady and helps to control hunger.
    • Instead of driving car to the nearby market, prefer walking down.
    • Instead of using the lift/elevator walk down/up the stairs.
    • Walk down instead of using a car to fetch the groceries.
    • If possible give a day break for your maid and do the work yourself.
    • Whenever you realize you are sitting for long, go stretch your legs.
    • Water the plants yourself.
    • Downsize your food plates and coffee mugs, and say goodbye to those extra calories.
    • Eat more vegetables during meals as water-rich foods like tomatoes, and cucumbers reduce your overall calorie consumption.
    • Avoid taking white foods as they contain large amounts of carbohydrates, which may further lead to weight gain.
    • Replace white sugar, white rice, and white flour with whole grain breads and brown rice.
    • Use skimmed milk as it is high in calcium and low in calories.
    • Make a habit of eating cereal for breakfast five days a week.
    • Try to eat slowly and put your fork or spoon down after every bite.
    • Eat fruit rather than drinking fruit juice. Eating whole foods will keep you satisfied for longer period of time than juice.
    • Eat equal portions of vegetables and grains at dinner.
    • A brisk five-minute walk after every two hours will keep your body active.
    • A walk before dinner not only burn calories, but also cut down the appetite.
    • Skip watching TV for an hour and go for a walk instead.
    • Take most of the calories before noon because you will get more chances to burn off those early-day calories than late-night calories.
    • Order alcohol by the glass, not the bottle. This way, you'll be more aware of how much alcohol you're taking.
    • Stock your refrigerator with low-fat yogurt.
    • Avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.
    • Avoid milk products like cheese, butter etc. as they are rich in fat.
    • Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. Use your imagination to add mint in your daily cooking. Mint also enhances the taste of the food.
    • Spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of ways.
    • Make a habit of regular intake of carrot juice.
    • Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates.
    • Among cereals wheat is good.
    • Vegetables like bitter gourd and drumstick are useful in loosing weight.
    • Honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity.
    An effective method to kill the appetite is to take some peanuts or one boiled egg with a cup of coffee half an hour before the main meal.

Start the meal with a vegetable soup, which burns the fat.

Eating an apple after a meal fills up the stomach.

Do not use food substitutes with synthetic vitamins and minerals which are harmful for the body, instead go for natural diet.

Walking is one of the few forms of exercises that puts all the muscles of the body.

Swimming is another great exercise where the muscles can be exercised much longer without putting any undue strain on them.

Never eat the food only because it is wasted.

Never skip breakfast after long hours of night, lest you might end up eating more during the day.

Do not fast for longer hours, you might get the urge to eat whatever comes your way.

Practice yoga and breathing exercises, which helps to loose weight and ensures right fat at right places.

Meditation also helps in controlling the hunger pangs.

Shrimp has many advantages when it comes to controlling hunger and promoting weight loss.

Eggs are classic when it comes to controlling hunger. High in protein and low in calories.

Oatmeal is one of the most filling grains, it also helps to keep you satiated for hours. This complex carbohydrate is one of the most inexpensive, yet filling, foods around. Start your morning with an egg and a big bowl of oatmeal and you'll keep those hunger pangs at bay.

Black beans, lentils, black-eyed peas, broccoli, cauliflower are all good for weight watchers.

Snacks such as chopped raw vegetables with low-fat dip, dressing, or peanut butter, bread sticks, whole-grain pretzels, or sliced pita bread with hummus or spicy mustard, homemade mix of whole-grain cereal with chopped nuts and dried berries in moderation between meals are good.

ABOVE ALL DETERMINATION TO FOLLOW THEM IS THE GOLDEN RULE TO LOOSE WEIGHT.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanx for sharing such wonderful tips

3. Ronaldo10

Ronaldo10 New IL'ite

I love your post. Just an addition, please avoid always fatty foods. Try to look in the back of the product
    or label for fatty foods. Nutrition facts is also present as for guidance in your diet. And if you are in a diet, so that you can enough strength to sustain in your daily work.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  4. 4mangopeople

Hi ronaldo

Thanks for reading the thread. Indeed it is always advisable to look for the nutritional facts on the labels. I totally agree with you, when on diet one must eat wisely. Thanks once again.

5. umarayan

umarayan Senior IL'ite

hi mango
    u said that -do not use food subsitutes of viatamins thats harm to health
    can u explain me that

6. 4mangopeople

Hi umarayan

A very good question indeed. In our day to day we find these synthetic food substitutes.
    I'll try to give some examples given by experts.

Yello 6 is one of the most used food coloring in candy, gelatin, baked items.

Red 3 is used in cherries, baked items, cocktails etc.

Blue 1 and blue 2 are used in beverages, candy etc.

Hydrogenated oils used in baked goods, bread, cookies etc. to increase the shelf life and enhance the flavors. Go for home made rotis, bake cookies at home.

Sodium nitrate used as a preservative and coloring agent in processed meat, beef, fish etc.
    Go for fresh fish, chicken and mutton.

Olestra is a fat substitute used in potato chips etc. Go for home made chips and snacks.

Acesulfame - k is used as an artificial sweetener in chewing gum, gelatin, cool drinks etc.

Potassium Bromate is used in breads and rolls to increase the volume. go for home made bread.

Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavor in many foods, such as potato chips, soups, packaged foods, canned tuna and many chinese dishes like noodles etc.

The list is non ending. Now you have idea about synthetic foods.

One can always avoid synthetically flavored foods and instead go for natural foods. Instead of depending more on multi-vitamin tablets, try to eat more of fruits and vegetables.

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Just to add something more, after having any meal have your fruit or apple after an hour of oyur meal not immediately after the meal or with meal.

alpa:cheers

8. 4mangopeople

Hi ALPA

That is a very good point you have added. Normally people hurry up to have a fruit soon after the meals, which is not a good habit. In future if I happen to see anybody going for a fruit I'm sure going to remember ALPA.

9. 4mangopeople

Hi ALPA

Your profile shows that you are quite an achiever. Your profile reflects the real you. I'm happy for you for your achievements, your positive attitude towards the life. Keep going.

GOOD LUCK

10. kalavati

kalavati New IL'ite

Hi,

Very informative thread. I would like to know besides following a healthy diet and exercise, with just about maintaining my weight, is there any way I can reduce my belly fat. I've had 2 C-sections and since then, my tummy looks as if I'm still expecting. My younger child is 6 years now and I've been trying walking and yoga but can't see much effect. Can anyone of you give me some suggestions/adivse?