1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

loose stools with blood

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Aarathy, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Aarathy

Aarathy New IL'ite

My ds is 26 months old ..last Sunday he had non veg and noodles..from Monday he had loose stools..the doc prescribed normet ..but as he had fever that night,he was givena amikaein injection and he had normal stools..from yesterday,again he started getting loose stools with mucus and blood..the doc had given him ascazin and saril suspension..still his condition is not improved(he has taken 1 dose)..he is not eating and drinking the electrolyte solution..is this a serious case? I am worried..he just takes plain water..he is very weak..the doc tells he is not dehydrated,but he had lost 1.5 kgs in 4 days..suggest any good paed in kottivakkam area

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

1.5 kgs in 4 days is bad.. and that too no intake, yes the situation is getting out of gear.
    Pls report to emergency section of a good hospital and they shall advice you on next.. will probably require to keep under observation and a scan for blood. Can you check at Apollo?

Dont wait for more time.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Aarathy, that weight loss with a tummy upset is normal. Try not to worry. I live in kottivakkam but I would recommend Dr Kausalya in Thiruvanmiyur. I will suggest Stibs along with whatever medicines your doc is prescribing. I gave two sachets every day in the morning and night along with juices or mixed in water. It always helps us stop the diarrhoea and heal quickly.
    If he wont have ORS/electrolyte try Gatorade or other sports drinks for a short while. Not eating with a GI infection is again very par for the course. It will take a couple of days for the appetite to return. I would suggest B(anana), A(pple), R(ice), T(oast) diet. Nibbles of it throughout the day. Hugs for the little one.

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Aarathy, how is your DS now?

5. Aarathy

Aarathy New IL'ite

thanks shilpama ,krithika and vishalini for your replies...he was given a another dose of amikaein injection and he is recovering now..when can i start his normal food(dal,veggies,eggs etc.,)? i am also confused when to send him school as i have put him in prekg this year..he is quite active now but i am afraid if he would catch some infection again if he goes to school..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010