1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

loose motion for 5 months baby.... plz help

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by wazap, Jan 15, 2012.

1. wazap

wazap Junior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

My baby girl is into her 5th month already...from birth, i usually give her breast milk and cow's milk (if breast milk is not enough).. then Dr prescribed me Lactogen and is started giving her loose motion. so i stopped it..... but we started solids like cerelac, mashed apple,banana and lactogen last month ..she is ok with apple but if she takes any other food she gets loose motions..
    we tried some ragi biscuits 2 days back and from that time onwards she gets loose motions 4 times a day.. do u know any home remedies for her?

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

If your baby is teething then it is common for babies to do loose stool so dont worry if not then stop giving cows milk ( high protein very hard for babies tummy only introduce after 12 months too early for cows milk ) . Second thing you can do is change your diet include lots of green vegetables and fruits and avoid any meat because your diet will reflect their feeding diet .... Dont give any medicines to the baby try giving your baby rice kanji with lil butter milk nothing else ... mine did when he was teething 6 months ago ... so nothing to worry dear

3. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

give her apple juice, its best way to stop loose motions.
    another remedy...if you know shahi jeera,google the image if you havent seen,
    soak it in water for two three hrs, seive it ,warm it and give this to your daughter.
    these are my experienced remedies, both are very good.consult your doctor for milk.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  4. wazap

wazap Junior IL'ite

oh thanks for your replies..... ya i give her mashed apple and apple juice.... she is little bit better now... i stopped giving other solids past few days.... other than milk, i give her only mashed apple and today i gave her little bit biscuit also
    lets see how she reacts tommorrow... by the way, ya she keep on sucking her fingers now a days.... could be teething? but she is just into 5th month.... will it happen now itself? hmm due to winter she is having cold also now.. so going to give her few drops of Tulasi charu tommorrow....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  5. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Rub Nutmeg(jathika) in a clean stone may be just four times. mix it with little honey and give. It will immediately stop. Or if you are taking powdered nutmeg, mix half of a pinch with half tsp honey and give.

6. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

this really works...jadhikai mixed with mothers milk and honey....

7. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

For any stomach related issue, you can give some probiotics( you can ask your doctor). Its natural and will resolve all issues, for all you are doing is enriching the good bacteria in the stomach which will improve digestion naturally.

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Ref at #8 does it answer your concerns relating to your child & you visiting India and issues pertaining to virus bacteria in water and unbraided milk?

Dear Op At #8 it is suggested to buy vegetables and fruit juice of a particular Indian brand from amazon. Does it answer your concerns? Is it ok for you?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020