1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to start moms club/playgroup in Alexandria,va

Discussion in 'Indians in Fairfax' started by Sreyavas, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies:wave

Looking to start a playgroup for my kids , (7 & 3yrs),and also moms club in alexandria, va.

looking for other moms to hang out with and to do fun activities with the kids.

where kids and moms can have fun together, helping each other,discussions in parenting tips and suggestions .etc.

c'mon ladies let 's join together and have some fun. if anyone in the area interested please let me know.

:party
    "Life is to be fortified by many friendships. To love and to be loved is the greatest happiness of existence."

cheers
    sreya

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009

2. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sreya,

Sounds fun...I am Sri from Alexandria, i had been looking for fellow ILites in Alexandria and found you. I have a 13 month old and would like to join the play group. Let me know your plan.

Sri

3. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

:wavesri,

Good to know that you are in the area. I am looking to to start a Mommy and Me kinda playgroup where moms as well kids have fun together .
    we can swap playdates twice a week at each other places, sometimes in park, library, mall, ., discuss lot of parenting, health tips, lot more..,(lady stuff)

we can also go for stroller rides in the morning, or evening , good for them as well to us.

we can arrange for picnics, family get togethers, where are you in alexandria?

looking forward to meet you soon.:coffee

:cheers

sreya.

4. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

great planning Shreya, Count me in, the only constraint from my end is i work so can join the playdates only during eves and week ends....

Sri

5. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

:cool2:sri,

:thankyou2:I'll let you know when the meetup date is finalised.

sreya.

6. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

okie will wait for you to come up with a date...

7. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

:wavesri,

how r you dear?hope you r having some wonderful time with your little cutie pie . :boo:

well i am planning to finalize as i just got only 1 response ok then let's plan a date over the weekend . have you got any idea abt fort ward park in alexandria?

Let me know :cheers

sreya

8. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Shreya,

I've been there to fortward park, they conduct story time for kids 2 and over there (staffs from alexandria libraries do it). I had been there with my LO for few story times...Thats a good place to have getogethers and play dates. So are you planning for this week end? can it be the next week end, coz i wouldnt be in town this week end. Moreover if it is going to be next week end we have plenty time to plan and invite other moms in this area...what say?

Sri

9. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

:wowthat sound's grt to me . i was planning for next weekend (sunday 3pm). But i do not know any indian ppl in our apartment , we are new to this area. so if you know anyone you can invite them for next weekend.

Just let me know how many ppl are interested.

I am sure we will have lot's of fun .:party

take care

sreya

10. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Shreya,

Sounds fun...I am in. Please PM me the details as to how we are meeting there? i mean where in Fortward do we meet and how do we identify each other...

Can you please create a new post inviting fellow ILites of Alexandria, either in ILMeetups or in this forum. So that we'll know the count and how are all willing to join

Hello All,

This is a open invite to ILites in Alexandria, anybody else interested can join, please let us know your comments.

Sri.