Looking to identify the textile shop that sells kaftans and housecoats

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by Vidya24, May 8, 2006.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai nila...i also stay in cant....give me a buzz

hai nila,
    give me a buzz and i will give u whatever info u want...the things to take most useful to u.....regards sunkan

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

its on com street..........

Dear Vidya,

If you are looking for Iranis shops, then there are 3-4 shops (basment) on commercial street. these shops are right opposite the commercial street police station. they do have a good collection of kaftans, h-coats, etc.

I do not know the names of these shops but am sure these shops are run by Iranis.

the next time I'm in Blore, maybe I'll chek it out but in the meantime, ladies living in blore, pls do oblige.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

kaftans r with pari's in btm layout near 9thblock jayanagar

dear vidya,
    the kaftans r available with pari's an outlet meant more for woman who r big made..and wonderful cotton prints...though these things last only a few months..because it is cotton...but if u could get them stitched by getting some tie and dye they r grt they last and last...these r available at the" her choice" in the junction of commercial street and narainpillai street...they have two shops one here and one in dispensary road....the clothes u need to chek and buy and get it stitched...u also get a full length[ couple on camel back] tie and dye and all with neck line all done in tie and dye...so u need to chek it in season that is summer and get the stuff ...if its bought like that a kaftan is very easy to stitch....regards ..sundari...

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Nila,
    You will enjoy shopping at these two shopping malls in Bangalore: Bangalore CENTRAL and Forum. A shop called WESTSIDE (cant remember exactly..think it is in Forum is an excellent place to shop) Dont forget to eat at the foodcourts here..Amazing food. Enjoy your trip.
    Regards
    USHA KRISHNAN

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

smashing

Hi Vandhana,

That was really interesting Vandhana. You are a sweetheart, so is Sudha.
    Wanted to visit Bangy to go to Doddamalloor, will now add Nakkoda payals to top of list.

cheers
    VR

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

That was a great writeup on Naakoda Payals...felt proud also:-o ....thanks! Will do more shopping now that i am aware of so many intricate details....those guys are sweet and dont try to sell in the usual way, very quiet ...so it feels good also...
    Anyway Vidhya happy shopping in B'lore!

8. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

Hi

Dear All,

I bought payals exclusively from Nakoda, Mallleshwaram for my wedding. They have a great collection ranging from heavy traditional to thin, stylish payals. Worth a visit.

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  9. bujjikonda

bujjikonda New IL'ite

Re: Attn: members in Bangalore

hi bangalore ladies:wave

10. Nitroshweta

Nitroshweta New IL'ite

Hi Vidya

Have u been able to locate this store in commercial street, I am planning to buy some house coats for self, would be going to commercial street this week end, so if u can provide the shop name or some landmark to help locate would be grateful. Also please mention the approx price of house coats, as I am not good at bargaining, I need to have an idea before buying.

Thanks!
    Shweta Anand