1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking good and feeling good - Way to your spouse's heart!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Preet82, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

I just want to share my experience and it maybe some help to full-time moms like me.
    Ours is a happy marraige and we are blessed with a lovely DD.I was working for 4 years before i took a break to be with my DD.First few months were hectic and i feel i had lost myself somewhere underneath the baby and housework.Not taking care of how i look,not bother to even comb my hair all day as i anyway didn't step out of the house,i had gotten lazy that i wouldn't make an effort to dress up and go to the grocery store or the parlour.Just watching TV or mindless browsing when baby is asleep and let the housework pending and then get frustrated.It was affecting the closeness btw DH and me.I was always cribbing,brooding and frustrated.I was scared i was losing my self-confidence .
    My hubby encourged me to get out and get a make over,buy new cloths and get a life.And i decided to do it.:thumbsup
    Few days ago i went and got a super sexy hair cut and some awesome cloths and i am feeling so much better.My hubby is like fallen in love all over again with me and i feel more confident these days.I dress up and make sure i look good even when i am at home changing diapers and doing laundry and its has made a BIG DIFFERENCE .I feel merry,i use my time productively.and just cheerful all the time, and a big boost to my self- esteem.I have more energy now to do my work and i cook more dishes and spend some time reading as well.
    My hubby and i are closer and happier.:cheers

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010

2. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hai,I am also a house wife. My husband always have great regard for me than working women.He will say working women know the task what they have to do.But being at home we have to take care of every thing.Always ready for the unexpected.He insists meto look great because seeing me only he gets confidence.Our marriage life is 8 years old and still going strong.We have a happy life with two kids.As you said if we dressup nicely and active definitely our man will be happy.

3. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

ah, love esp sexual love between husband & wife depends on external appearance, right? LOL!!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

so, ok, let me buy some new dresses & some makeup to wear at home, so that my husband will be more attracted to me than ever before! LOL!!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

4. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

huh??? Did you read the post completly???looks like you only read the title.And yes,All the best to you for your new dresses and make up.

Regards
    Preet

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Nice post.My husband was turned on too when I had a totally different haircut.so yes,for those who are feeling stagnant or want a change...go visit a nice parlour!

6. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

Very true, a nice haircut can do wonders.:cheers

7. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

A very well written post! Yes, we definiteky need some morale & self-esteem boosters when things seem chaotic and out-of-control. Am a big time believer that looking good not only for hubby but for our own self. It is a major factor in building self-confidence. And ofcourse, hubby would definitely like a confident women around him .:thumbsup

8. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

what is the essence of information you want to share with others, Preet ? I do not get you. Please explain again.

9. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Preet,
    Nice post. I have always been a full time homemaker and each and every word you said is so true. I too take the liberty to buy nice clothes and make up, perfumes whatever pleases me at that time. A new haircut really does wonders to our personality. I even play some of my favourite songs while cooking or doing chores; that too keeps me on top of the world.

10. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

Well,i don't know what you mean by "essence".All i wanted to share is how is stopped being miserable and started feeling good and how it changed things btw me and DH.As simple as that.Women usualy feel this way (esp after a baby) and i am sure it would be a good read for them.