1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking Forward To DHOBI GHAT!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by JayaRawat, Jan 14, 2011.

1. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

It is meant for a niche crowd. Aamir is very intense for the matter of fact all the actors. There are few good actors in our country we must applaud them. Aamir is one among them.

I saw the movie yesterday. It is about 4 people and how their lives gets connected. There's no big time story but day to day happening and how people react to circumstances. Not meant for all. Wonder why it is certified A.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. nehazh

nehazh New IL'ite

Have any one watched this movie ? Today is the releasing date. Desparately waiting for reviews. Please reply..

3. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

DHOBI GHAT -Review
    I must say I liked the movie. It is a bit different. Unlike the usual Bollywood movies, Dhobi Ghat is no pacy movie in a hurry to tell its tale. I think I read somewhere that it is Kiran Rao’s tribute to Mumbai. The characters she has delineated in her film do populate everyday Mumbai (and indeed our other metros too) and her cinema has just captured their interactions as they go about their daily life.
    I think Kiran Rao’s offering will shock many. It is a new cinema language in itself and quite different from the usual run- of- the- mill Bollywood film endings. The uncharitable will call Dhobi Ghat a good final year diploma film while others will compare it to European masters. It is certainly new cinema and it takes time to getting used to.

4. nehazh

nehazh New IL'ite

GOOD ACTING. BUT NO STORY/PLOT NO RESOLUTION/CLIMAX/CONCLUSION Below-Average Art Movie much worse than Slumdog - Kiran Rao is just lucky to be Aamir's Wife. Aamir also doesn't have much of a role.

5. Ashapatel

Ashapatel Junior IL'ite

I did not like the film. Nothing much happens in the film and after watching the 90 minutes long film you are back on the street. Yes, the film doesn’t have the usual intermission/interval.
    The film is about Munna (Prateik Babbar) who plays a dhobi and is befriended by NRI investment banker Shai played by Monica Dogra. Munna idolizes Salman Khan and hopes to be someone like him one day. Shai indulges him and makes his portfolio. Shai is an investment banker who is on a sabbatical to study Mumbai. Aamir Khan plays Arun a reclusive painter. He has a fling with Shai. Shai discusses Arun with Munna coz he is dhobi to Arun. So on and so forth. A little while later, the film comes to an end. DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.