1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for rental apartments in Springfield, NJ area

Discussion in 'Indians in Jersey City' started by AnithaPartha, Jan 28, 2014.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

Could you please give me details about apartments in and around Springfield (Union city), NJ area? Anyone living in that area, please give us suggestions.

2. AnithaPartha

Hi Ladies,

No one staying in this area? (not even your friends or relatives). I see 45 views!!!

Moderator,
    Could you please move this thread under Housing in NJ?

3. reena007

reena007 New IL'ite

Hi AnitaPartha!

I am moving too in Union NJ and looking for someone to share an apartment, or at least recommend something decent close by. Please reply me back if you have already moved. It will really be helpful..thanks

4. AnithaPartha

Reena,

We haven't decided anything yet and no news about Spring field. Planning to go to that place directly and check out with any Indians over there... am not getting any response in IL though

5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Anitha and Reena,

I stay in Summit (border of summit and New Providence) which is i guess 4-5 miles from Springfield and Union City. Please let me know if you want any information.

Regards

6. reena007

reena007 New IL'ite

Hi Priya

Thanks so much for the reply. I am moving from California to take up a new project in Springfield NJ..i.e. Union county on Liberty Ave. I am looking to share a room preferably with someone else rent a studio or 1 bedroom apt. Could you give any suggestions. Also apart from Summit where else can I look for..I don't like to spend time on commuting..

Anita are you looking for sharing an apt or renting individually. Maybe we can stay together or at least in the same apt complex :)..I have no friends so will be good to know.

Priya can u PM me..I would love to talk if u dont mind.

thanks

7. reena007

reena007 New IL'ite

Hi Priya

Thanks so much for the reply. I am moving from California to take up a new project in Springfield NJ..i.e. Union county on Liberty Ave. I am looking to share a room preferably with someone else rent a studio or 1 bedroom apt. Could you give any suggestions. Also apart from Summit where else can I look for..I don't like to spend time on commuting..

Anita are you looking for sharing an apt or renting individually. Maybe we can stay together or at least in the same apt complex :)..I have no friends so will be good to know.

Priya can u PM me..I would love to talk if u dont mind.

thanks

8. AnithaPartha

Hi Reena,

Yeah I'll be moving with my family. But, unfortunately Springfield apartments are not working out as rents seems to be super expensive. We're planning to see couple of them and decide over this weekend. Also, commuting from Springfield to NY would be difficult I guess... If I know anything, i will let you know.. I will PM you the apartment names may be..

9. reena007

reena007 New IL'ite

Hi Anita

Thanks for the update. Yes Springfield are expensive,,,someone I know suggested Chatham and Summit..the school district is good and also a safe place to stay. Heard the train to NY is abt 30 mins...if u feel that is a good area let me know.

Girls if any one of you reading this wants to share an apartment in Summit, Chatham, Millburn, Maplewood, Springfield...pl PM me and/or let me know..

Thanks

10. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Reena,

I want to make a correction on your NY commutation time...from Summit it takes around 40- 50 min to Penn station, depends on trains stop.There is also a bus from summit to port authority terminal. Regarding school district, heard that new providence is one of the best school district in NJ.

Also I was trying to PM you my apartment manager's ID..unfortunatly due to some technical issue i am not able to do. Please search 851 Sprongfield avenue, Summit (as per postal address it comes in New providence now...Summit ends at 851..). Here rent for 1.5 BHK is 1400 including heat and water. But apartments are good...bus stop to NY and train station is across the road.