Looking for R2Is still in North and Western Europe

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by RoseUK, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RoseUK

RoseUK New IL'ite

Hi there,

my name is Rose, I'm currently a Masters student of Migration and Ethnic Studies at the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. I am currently conducting a study on the motivation and expectations of R2Is who have yet to leave Europe.
    I'm wondering if anyone here would be willing to help me with my research or could give me contact details of any R2Is still based in Europe.

I would be so grateful for any help you may be able to provide me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Rose:

Welcome to Indusladies!

That is quite an interesting study that you are doing. Though I don't know how many R2Is are here, I'm sure you will get some help. What kind of information are you looking for?

While here, do go through the forum etiquette section to familiarise yourself with the site. Also, do avoid giving out your personal email ids in public to avoid spammers.

Sindhu

3. RoseUK

RoseUK New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

thanks for the kind welcome. Most of the studies that exist so far discussing return migration to India focus on the impact it is having to the country itself, for example, whether it is helping the economy grow, is improving the strength of democratic institutions, or is a sign of a strong new middle class. However, I want to focus on the stories of the individuals themselves, why people are choosing to go back and why now.
    Ideally I would really like to meet some people on here who would be willing to help me answer these questions by filling out a questionnaire for me or even meeting me to talk about their experiences face to face.
    If anyone is interested in sharing their R2I thoughts with me, then please let me know!
    Thanks again,
    Rose