1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for job in H4 status : Expert opinions needed

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by indira, Apr 3, 2005.

1. NithyaVish

NithyaVish New IL'ite

Re: Ways to work as H4

Hi there !

Same is the case with me. I was working back in India in Software Testing.. and i'm waiting for a job for the past 6 months after marriage for the right opportunity.
    Why dont we share some Software materials in our group and keep preparing to shoot at the target? Do anyone have contacts to do freelance projects? if so, help me too..
    The one good option will be to wait till April 08 and apply an H1 :)
    Last but not least, Im new to this group. Thanks for the organised welcome Emails..Appreciated !!

2. Madhurima

Madhurima New IL'ite

Dear Akalya and other Members,
    Hello to everyone.I know you ladies are talking about the H4, not having the oppurtunity for working.But few of them are telling they are working in other ways, but you have to really careful with that, as practising Immigration Attorney, you have to be really careful about the status, it is also going to affect yours and your husband and family status if something goes wrong.Iam happy to tell from the legal side if you have any questions, you can send me a private message. But i said earlier just be careful and aware of the laws , before doing something.Thanks,
    Madhu

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I just now got my work permit. I havent worked in India. I have a professional degree in Publishing. I live in east coast. I was looking into customer service jobs. I wanted some feedback on people who have tried to get jobs. Any inputs.

4. shivaar

shivaar New IL'ite

Hi..iam also sailing in the same boat of H4.. i was thinking of taking up some freelance software projects.....any suggestions please?
    or any software professionals want to look out for projects with me, so that we can try our luck in that?

5. Samresh

Samresh New IL'ite

H4 Visa Woman Jobless

My friend is getting an offer for the H1B Visa from a consultant and he is interested in taking it , His wife is a School teacher in india and teaches Hindi in a reputed school.

As I was going through the forum posts I found that She on H4 will not be eligible to work

In that case what are the employement opportunities , avaialble to H4 Wives and what all kind of Opportunities be in home and ouside the home are available ( Like working in a store ) or so

Please advise us as my friend is totally unaware of the details

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: H4 Visa Woman Jobless

Hello,
    Your friend could do a lot at home like, taking tutions, baby sitting etc.
    You could make use of any skills over here.

Good luck,
    Punitha

7. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

Re: H4 Visa Woman Jobless

hi all,
    my mother in law is also a hindi teacher in a chennai school. she will be coming here in tourist visa, and would like to keep herself busy by doing some work. what kind of employment opportunities will be available to her?

hi samresh, when your friend;s wife finds some work to do, can you plz inform me also, so that it ll be useful for me ?

p.s i know she cant work outside in visitor visa.

8. enjoylife

enjoylife New IL'ite

H4 Visas should be allowed to work

:ideaMost people on H4 Visas are well educated and would easily be able to contribute to american economy. We are lawabiding and can give so much to american economy. All our talents are wasted and skills are rotting sitting around for the backlog centers to clear the LC's and for retrogression to end.Meanwhile we practically have no life and are completely dependant .

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Re: H4 Visas should be allowed to work

Hi there,

Very True, during the weekend i had been to a bank and wanted to apply for a credit card . In turn i was told that they don't allot credit cards to dependent members. i was so upset knowing that i would have to be a dumb till i m under this visa status.

Vaidehibonk

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  10. DudeWithAttitude

DudeWithAttitude New IL'ite

Re: H4 Visas should be allowed to work

I remember the "tips" floating around the Chennai US consulate in those days that the candidate was supposed to suppress the spouse's qualifications during the interview because they did not want the Embassy to think that the immigrants could be prospective citizens - perhaps this should explain why one has to wait until one gets a work authorization