Looking for Ideas to make use of available time

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by KashmirFlower, Feb 12, 2015.

1. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends,

My parents now living in small town, retired, we have kept a car driver on monthly salary, his job is to drop and get grand-kid from school.morning 1 hr and evening 1hr job only. some days If my parents have to travel some where he will be busy whole day.

otherwise whole day he is sitting idle, without any work. He can't go to his house as he comes from near by village, he doesn't want to go home between dropping and picking.

I would like to make use of his time by giving some business opportunity, which may benefit him and benefit my parents. Like starting small shop or Like internet cafe, and he can sit there etc.

Please give some ideas which can easy to start and maintain. but all ideas are welcome. We are not business family, all employess, so getting no ideas from my side.

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

That's very thoughtful of you. May be you can look at small offices in and around your area where he can work part time, as a delivery boy.

Opening up a shop or something on those lines would have conflict of interest.

1 person likes this.
  3. soulhappy

soulhappy Silver IL'ite

Do you have a garden at home?

You can have a veggie patch at home and ask him to take care of the garden
    Also you can start a florist shop provided you have access to flowers. A small coffee shop with gifts and floristry will be ideal. But it needs an ideal location and a good market place. Even a small stationery shop will help.

But it depends on how trustworthy he is and how much time and energy your parents can put..All the best..:)

2 people like this.
  4. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@KashmirFlower:

Getting to know what he is good at, how trustworthy he is and working on that area to turn it into a business opportunity could help. Same with you parents, may be there is something they always wanted to do and never did. Turn that into a business and the driver could help. (I have a similar family back at my native where the couple cook at home. Their house help delivers it as orders come in. He also helps with preparation of items. Its a very small business, but keeps them occupied.)

Any opportunity you provide him will work for him if he is interested in doing it.

1 person likes this.
  5. shivani29

shivani29 New IL'ite

Several part time jobs are available on internet which he can do to use extra time and earn some money. But for that he must know typing and should be Internet savvy. These are the easy data entry jobs anyone can do. Visit the site for easy form filling projects to work. If he has decent computer knowledge he can also choose other jobs such as data conversion.

2 people like this.
  6. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

If your parents are Ok, ask them to be the point-of-contact for "driver for hire" and send the driver for maximum 4 hrs rides. You could share some profit with driver if needed, but DO NOT make the mistake of sharing commission per ride, as if that becomes the case he would start ignoring the regular tasks at home.

PS: One of my neighbours, who is a young mother publishes her contact # as "Driver for Hire Agency". She advertises and gathers driver details, attends phone calls from customers, and shares contact # of customer to driver. She gets Rs 1500 per driver who are registered with her. Simple but good work from home job.

3 people like this.