Looking For Help Who Can Give A Positive Word Support To My Parents

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Janakinarne, May 18, 2021.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi to all..
    As all of u know my parents both are covid positive where as my mother is having infection more and father is less infected and it’s been 14days to my mother and father post 5 days ,they are using medicine,and there temp is fluctuating between 99-101 so doc advised another medicine for that which there temp can to normal wth in a day but with the medicine there sugar levels are increased,and they know it before bcoz doc said with the medicine the values wil be increased,but frm yesterday my father was very tensed and he even don’t know why he is like dt but can surely say it’s due to the sudden increased in sugar values he was stressed..
    We try to explain him a lot but still he was feeling some thing and afraid and not coming out of it..
    Am looking for some support who can explain them it’s nothing to wry and the medicine is very gud and due the medicine onl it’s increased and it’s normal medicine and once we stop the medicine everything wil cme down to normal..
    Ofcource it’s very difficult to get this support here but with a little hope am writing it here so that by chance I may get any help..and wil share the details of medicine and everything in personal and just want to speak wth him dt u r doc and need a strong word that it’s nothing and ur reports all r normal..
    Hope wil get some help..he knows onl Telugu and English..and he is 70 yrs old so he can’t speak fast in English..
    Thanks and waiting for help ...

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

No matter how old our parent are we always want to see them healthy and happy. Your love for them is clearly visible in your post. I know it's difficult to make them understand some things at this age and also with such condition but one thing that I can guess is that he is having anxiety issues for which he is reacting like this. I don't know how much my words will be helpful but still I wanted to say something as it will help you too to deal with your anxiety.

First of all stop worrying too much. It's blocking your mind to think about the way outs. You can calm them only when your mind is at peace.

One of my known had this problem recently while recoving from covid. Though he is young but still he had soo much of anxiety that daily he used to request his family members to admit him to the hospital. He didn't had any major issues therefore doctor adviced him to stay at home. But still he used to go to that doctor and tell him to admit. This continued for few days. For those days many people talked to him and tried to explain him that he is fine. Finally he got the point and was able to control his emotions.

As your father is old he need more reassurance that he is fine. You can talk to him about different topics or tell him some success stories of 101 year olds. There are many people who fought back successfully even after a big age and with many other diseases. Tell him those stories. He may feel better.

Just try to make him positive as positive approach can only help him survive at this time.

I will pray for their recovery. Don't worry they will be fine soon. Take care.

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Janakinarne like this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear for your words ,we are trying to explain him but he was saying without his knowledge thoughts r going on his mind and he was unable to control them and my mother is weak and she was having bitter taste so unable to hav any food due to that she was not able to fight with the weakness,by seeing her he was afraid bcoz it’s already 14days she should recover but not now her sugar vallu is increased (due to new medicine)and he was afraid of it a lot..
    Ya it’s totally anxiety and he was not showing intrest to talk wth us on ph call,we are planning to take them to our sisters house where dy wil get more care and proper food but for that als he was afraid,(to mov Chennai frm andhra)still yesterday morning all dre sugar and bp and oxigen levels are gud (ofcource slight difference in bp and sugar but not much)but Yesterday he checked sugar levels in d evening bcoz doc said it wil increase and he was very dull frm d tim and in d morning he was feeling very tense and his oxygen levels varying 95-99,stil yesterday it’s maintained 97-99..even for dt he was afraid..
    Don’t know how to explain him still he was feeling insecure and we are checking for a person who can give support to him ,but not yet found anyone...
    So we told him not to check any values tomorrow be calm and speak wth us when u felt like dt ...
    Hope he wil come out of it and praying god for there fast recovery and praying god to send some one to speak wth him and clear his doubts and make him free frm all his stress and anxiety
    Thanks for ur prayers

4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

You can suggest him to listen hanuman chalisa and recite mahamrityunjay daily. I believe in these and do that for myself. It may help him too.

Janakinarne likes this.
  5. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Sure I wil inform him..thank u