1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for friends in Woburn- Burlington area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by namrata2603, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Nope.. I don't live in Kimball. I live 10 mins from there. :) I've been here in MA since 3 years. Miss Bangalore soooo much !! :(

Yes, once you start visiting places alone or as a couple, you will stop feeling those H4 blues !! :) Make more friends in Woburn thread and elsewhere, life can get pretty boring and monotonous otherwise. Do shoot any questions you have about places around in MA, we could try and help.

Glad to have you in IL.. :)

2. pinkpearls

pinkpearls Senior IL'ite

Hi Purple C,

sure we will pick a time to go........how about evenings........after5....let me know your best timings.

3. purplecraze

purplecraze New IL'ite

i would prefer sometime before 5, during the day... if that works for u, cause my hubby comes home arnd 5...

4. purplecraze

purplecraze New IL'ite

Tell me abt it..i miss blr too, but am glad to be going back next month!
    sure i will let u knw if ive any questions...thanks for that :) what do u do everyday...does ur son keep u busy all day?

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Oh Wow ! You visiting next month ? Nice. For how long is your vacation ?

No, my son doesnt keep me busy the whole day.. I have enough time for myself too. He has his schedule and I have mine. :)

My 24 hours just goes by.. Once am done with is work, I browse, cook, play some games and watch movies too. Sometimes I have my friends dropping by. So, time does seem fine and just enough. Once hubby is back from work, I dont have to bother about what Abhishek does... :) Hubby feeds him dinner, changes diaper, gives him his bottle and puts him to sleep by 10.. :) I sometimes cook only after hubby is back home but not always. We watch a movie without fail every night before hitting the bed ( yeah hubby is a movie buff and I just like to give him some company..) Not that I dont like to watch.. but I can do without it. :) He keeps wondering what he has missed today, if we dont have any movie from Netflix ! :crazy

Though I miss working .. I think being around my son till he is able to handle himself, is something, I've always loved to do. Will give my exams sometime next year. Need to study before that !! :bonk

6. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone..
    its been long time since i visited this thread...
    Happy New Year to all of you.. nice to see activity here. welcome to all the new ils who joined this thread.
    preeth... so nice to hear about abhi;s first snow experience..

rsa, near bedford, acton/boxboro/harvard/concord/carlisle are all very good schools. You can admit your child at any time in the public schools there shouldnt be a problem at all. They are supposed to take them. If you are looking into private schools the town you live doesnt matter. Yes the towns the schools are good are always pricier in terms of real estate. post your other questions and i will try to answer. My kids are in high school and middle so i can help you with these sort of questions..
    Aparna

7. purplecraze

purplecraze New IL'ite

Yeah i'm going for a month, can't wait! :clap Nice to know that you have a good schedule..i know there are things to do, but i just get lazy being alone at home. What are u planning to study for...even i need to start studying soon, just being terribly lazy. I'm planning to go to the library in Reading every aft to get myself to study! :coffee can have my hubby drop me there after lunch n pick me up after work.

is that a pic of ur son? he's so adorable!!:)

how often do u visit blr? this is the longest ive been away and i miss it so much!

8. srpoonam

srpoonam Junior IL'ite

Hi,

We just moved to Boston last week from Cincinnati. We stay at Waltham. Is anyone from Waltham here. I have a 8 month old baby boy and I still find time where I sit idle and get bored. I would like to have some friends here. I really love to read story books and I have already got library membership. I am on OPT and looking for a Chemical Engineering job.

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Yes. That is my son. :) Thanks. I last visited Blore in Jan 2009.. :( Got pregnant by Sep 2009 .. Had my parents here this May- Sep.

Will be visiting later this year. I am a Dentist from India and planning to pursue my board exams here in MA. :)

10. SuganyaJawahar

SuganyaJawahar Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy New year.
    Preethi,
    How are u?? Saw the pic of your son..He looks so cute and chubby :thumbsup..
    Aparna,
    I just know that you live near to my place.. Yes, I am the one who lives in littleton. Hope we plan for a meet up soon. I will share my contacts with you..