1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for comfortable semi-formal shoes

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Sahmaara, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I go for walks inside my office building in breaks to myself fit. However, I wear heeled shoes (sometimes) and sometimes flat shoes. Not that I am a big fan of heeled shoes (I mostly wear them due to my pant length since I am short).

Anyways, let me come to the point. I am looking for comfortable shoes (semi-formal ones) with a dual-purpose of office and walks. I take frequent walks throughout the day and do not want to make it obvious to my office folks that I am going for walks, hence changing to sneakers (other comfortable shoes) again and again is not an option.

Thanks! :bowdown:bowdown

2. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Sahmaara, I hear you! I like Skechers, Clarks, Dansko, Miz Mooz shoes as they're kinda semi-formal or so, and yet won't kill your feet walking around a few blocks/miles should you choose, try them (you can look up the styles online on the websites).

3. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Dhaanika. I will look them up online, but want to buy them in stores, because I want to wear them and see how comfortable I feel.
    Any idea on the stores I can get them from?

4. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

You can go to sketchers showroom and try them out. Then Tty buying online. It will be cheap online than in stores. Shoebuy.com, you will get good deals.
    By the way, sketchers are very comfortable and semi formal

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

When I used to wear dress shoes for work I found Naturalizers to be the most comfortable. Now I have foot problems (due to accident) and I wear Aravon which are dress shoes by New Balance so they have running shoe technology in them. The are expensive (about $140 a pair) so I buy them at www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com. They wear really well. Also if you are a funny size you can find them there.

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

I use Sketchers, Clarks and Scholls. They are comfortable and some designs are very supportive if you have foot problem.

All the best!:cheers

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Tashi

Thanks for the link. I have been looking for shoes with cushioning /shock absorbing effect due to a foot problem. The phoebe and Mia looks very good. Will look around for that here in Singapore!:cheers

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Have you tried Dr Scholls? They have a decent size of heels(about 2 inches) and still have some special gel technology which makes walking quite comfortable. You get them in black or brown and they look very professional too. I got mine from Walmart couple of years back, not sure if they same model is available now, check out!

9. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Even I have Skechers casual sneaker model. They are very durable. They go with jeans and most formal pants.

On the same note, which brand is recommended for walking/jogging purposes? I checked Amazon and New Balance seems to be recommended. I am looking for something under $50.

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes, NB is a good brand. You can also try Asics or Brooks. And certain ones in Adidas or Nike aren't bad either.

A good pair will cost $70-$100. You can get $50 ones, but there are differences in quality. To some extent, you get what you pay for in terms of good pairs.