Looking for an ideal location for opening a Beauty salon/spa

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by sabinaiyer, Aug 27, 2009.

1. sabinaiyer

sabinaiyer New IL'ite

Hi all,

Introducing myself as Sabina Iyer. I stay in Bhandup West. Very close to Nirmal Lifestyle. Was browsing around and this forum looked a great platform for me.

Actually i am looking for an ideal location to open a beauty salon and spa. My preferred areas are around Mulund and Bhandup.
    So in case you stay around residential areas of Mulund and Bhandup and If you don't have a good salon in your area and would love to have a new one opened, you just put in the area. I would then hunt for shops and go further

Hoping that all of you around this area would help me. Please shout for more details

2. sabinaiyer

sabinaiyer New IL'ite

Hi all,

Introducing myself as Sabina Iyer. I stay in Bhandup West. Very close to Nirmal Lifestyle. Was browsing around and this forum looked a great platform for me.

Actually i am looking for an ideal location to open a beauty salon and spa. My preferred areas are around Mulund and Bhandup.
    So in case you stay around residential areas of Mulund and Bhandup and If you don't have a good salon in your area and would love to have a new one opened, you just put in the area. I would then hunt for shops and go further

Hoping that all of you around this area would help me. Please shout for more details

3. Sumathii

Sumathii New IL'ite

Hey Sabina..Nice to meet a fellow Bhandupite..i used to live in bhandup till my marriage 1.5 years back. Good luck for your spa/beauty salon idea. If i were to give my ideas, mulund is higher middle class and has small sized to big size salon in almost every nook and corner. It has lakme, kaya etc and many other big brands. I would suggest concentrate more on Bhandup..thats because the demography of bhandup is slowly moving from being called lower middle class to upper middle class and ladies now are looking out for good quality salons without much travel. Bhandup still has those clumsy salons which although maybe good..but needs more professionalism. these are my thoughts. If your place has a good decor and your work is little above average..i am sure you would be able to pick up many customers. I suggest concentrate somewhere between dreams complex to kukreja...there are a whole lot of people staying there. good luck and keep us posted about your updates

4. sabinaiyer

sabinaiyer New IL'ite

hey thnx a lot Sumathi. I will surely chk out areas near Bhandup too...
    To pour in thoughts on what new you would like to see in a salon. This would give me insights from a consumer point of view.

Initially i had plans to open up SPA (Massage and a Jacuzzi bath etc) too along with the salon. But then I am thinking of holding on it as I don't know how many ppl wld be interested. It would cost more than 1500 and then don't knw how many wld be interested in this kind of indulgence... Whtz ur opinion? plz give me a sincere reply

5. fashionpoint

fashionpoint New IL'ite

hi sabina nice to meet u here in this site have a goodluck for new idea. acctually i have unisex salon in knadivali E thakur village and i want to give that to some one for running i have invested in that more than 6.5lacs now in running condition but am looking for some professional women who can handle properly that business, if u are interested to run my salon most welcome for u. are u professional? in salon business?if yes and interested plz give me reply i will reply you and give you my contact no.

thanks

from-parvez

6. sabinaiyer

sabinaiyer New IL'ite

hey pravez...
    Me not professsion too... I would be hiring staff and would be overlooking the business..

It would be great if you can highlight the disadvantages of this so that i can be catious from the begining.

I am looking for Staff too currently. Can you suggest some good staff.?

7. fashionpoint

fashionpoint New IL'ite

thanks for reply sabina
    okay i have two contacts of beauticians one is living in powai and second one is living in kanjurmarg E call me-9821447443 i will give u her contact no.

thanks.
    parvez.

8. sabinaiyer

sabinaiyer New IL'ite

Hey Parvez,

Nice talking to you. Please do sms me their contact details.
    All the best for your salon too :)