1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For A Tamil Teacher : Rs.750/hour

Discussion in 'Regional Poetry' started by Jey, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

I want to give this long term interest of mine a try. I have never been able to do it on my own. So, I am hoping this works.

I am interested in learning Bharathidasan Kavithaigal. While some of the words are easy to understand by self-reading, some of them are hard without spending a lot of time looking things up. So I am interested in learning via an online, Skype class where someone can teach me those Kavithaigal. Very similar to how tamil teachers teach thirukurral - they break it down word by word, explain the meaning of the hard words and then put it all together for the full meaning.

Weekly 1-hour classes. Weekday evenings or weekends US time. We will finalize a fixed day/time at the start of the engagement. Thinking $12/hour or Rs.750 per hour. We will do a set of 2-classes and see how it goes. If I am being a good student, we can continue. Let me know if you know someone.

Btw, if you are interested in learning along with me, comment below and mention the country/timezone you are in. We can learn together and split the cost.

Jey

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish Per the other thread, if you are interested in learning literature I wanted you to see this.

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Jey.
    Shall certainly consider it; however at this time I cannot specify a suitable time.
    I am from the EST (ET) in the US.

Also, I was actually thinking in terms of "Naalaayira Divya Prapandam", Tiruthonda Thogai, Thirumurai, Thiruvachakam, and other works of the Naayanmaars, the "Aimperunkapiyangal" etc.

I checked Bharathidasan University to see if they have any online courses. Need to explore more. I am yet to check Annamalai and Madras.

Jey likes this.