1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking Back On That Auspicious Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 25, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Every woman has a dream especially about her life after marriage. I also used to dream a lot, though only some of my dreams were fulfilled after marriage but was happy God gave a gem of a person as a husband I was very surprised when I entered the house on my first day of marriage to have palum pazamum. I never knew I will be staying in a chal after marriage. I felt disappointed but I dont blame my brother who has given me a gem of a husband and hehad to struggle so much to get a good alliance for me, I was also crossing 30 years, so he must have thought I can get a good house after marraige but if I miss this person I would not get such a person. When God has written this husband for me, noone can do anything.

There was a room and a balcony and kitchen and th ebalcony was converted into a room for us. We had so many functions in that house. The money was always kept in God's stand. I got a gift from office colleagues a cupboard which was only 500 rs that time in 1973. Office gave as gift An easy chair, chair and table.

I spent five years in that chal, my elder daughter and son were born there. My husband'sfamily was a big one and all were loving and caring. My mother in law was there only for a year after my marriage. My husband's sister's daughter came to stay with us, who was very helpful I never went for delivery tomy mother's house and my brother in law, husband's nephew and niece all looked after me nicely during delivery . My elder daughter was pampered a lot by everyone. Our house used to be always open and neighbours were also good. After five years staying there through my mother's cousin brother we could shift to a flat.

vaidehi71, vaikhari and KashmirFlower like this.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    A big house can't make us happy. The love and affection we get from the inmates who stay with us will only make us happy. That way you were lucky to have a good husband and relatives.
    After marriage we stayed in a garage and used house owner's bath room and my mil used to go and sleep with the landlady.

PS

KashmirFlower and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

Thank you Pushpa Mami for making myday with your first feedback which I take it as blessings from you. True Mami big housedoes not make us happy but a big heart and love and affection makes our life happy which learnt from my in law's family. Thanks for sharinyour experience from which we can also learn

4. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

If there is love and understanding even small place is heaven . My parents lived in a studio room with makeshift kitchen when they moved to new city with a newborn me. Nowadays everyone wants big house and no maid to keep that clean :) and spend a lifetime paying loans for huge house.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Very true dear . Thanks for sharing about your parents