1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

look good in salwar kamiz???

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by piu, Jul 29, 2007.

1. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

new design in salwar kameez

Attached Files:

2. padmaiyangar

new style and new design in salwar kameez click on the picture to see large view

Attached Files:

3. piu

piu New IL'ite

thanks padma

4. padmaiyangar

Tips on selecting appropriate salwar kameez

If you are keen on wear-salwar kameez do not worry. Firstly it is essential to know your body structure and secondly to try to understand and wear clothes that suit your personality. Try to wear those salwar kameez which will hide your physical flaws. Here are tips on wearing salwar kameez which will be of great help.
    Tip 1- Wear the length of your kameez a little longer to look tall. Shorter length kameez will make you look short. This tip surely works.
    Tip 2- A knee length kameez or kurti would be just fine if you want to cut down on your height.
    Tip 3- Wear longer sleeves to cover your arms with the length of kameez not too short if you are bulky. Vertical prints or lines in dark colors will cut down on the flab.
    Tip 4- If you have broad shoulders wear light fabrics. Do not wear puff sleeves as they will make you look broader.
    Tip 5- If you have fat arms do not wear sleeveless kameez as by doing so you would be drawing emphasis on your fat arms, instead wear sleeves at least 5 inches in length.

5. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

even i have the same problem.. but now i am 7 months pregnant :)
    so cant think of looking fashionable and all..
    but i have umpteen plans for post-pregnancy look :thumbsup.. hope i reduce weight bonk

6. Jamee

Jamee New IL'ite

Hi Padma,
    You have good suggestions. If a person who is heavy has to choose between saree or Salwar for a wedding what would you suggest?
    Thanks,

7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

nice sleeve collection salwar .i prefer sleeve salwar kameez& dont allow to wear sleeveless ..thanks padma madam

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  8. sharanyajish

sharanyajish New IL'ite

hi ladies.. i am facing the similar problem... i am put up in coimbatore.. i have recently shifted from chennai... could you pls help me locate a good tailor in coimbatore...

9. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well really nice pieces

10. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Piu

I hope you got the reply from above posts what u r looking for. But what I dont understand is why these in-laws put pressure or draw some code of dressing... why an individual cannot decide what she / he wants to wear? Why this hurdle every time for everything a lady wants for herself in a respectable way of course. Choice of dressing is one's own wish and desire right????????

You can explain to your DH [or you should have discussed this well before if they looked conservative] that once in a while you wish to wear the clothes of your desire.

Secondly, there are many styleful sleeves patterns available, you can be stylish in such clothes also. You can wear long skirts [tie n dye type] or denim types with a stylish top on it or jeans with nice floral kurtis will look nice and beautiful.

Try different mix n match type suit lengths and dont buy the ready made types. You can do some motifs, laces, brocades and patch works on your khameez to look stylish too.

Gud luck.

Rgds
    Shanti