1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Longlasting!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jul 24, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It may sound very odd to a few and absurd to many too. But yes, it was my father who introduced you to me over his evening break on a saturday. Normally, he chose to spend his time with his friends in a club where they play cards and indulge in recreational activities. That day, he was at home and together we made the evening tea. Then, while I was placing the flask on the tea-pot in our little garden, he brought you to me.

You looked quite ordinary and bland. There were no frills or plaits and you too never made any attempt to please someone. You still remain the same even now. And I was surprised to note that you had a christian name. My father introduced you to me and said that I may find you more to my liking only after getting used to it. "Or you may not!", he added and winked. I did not know what to say then. Then I left to do some other task. Gradually, your entry was accepted and became a common thing that if you were not around on a saturday, we wondered where you were.

There are people who tend to quote that they have well refined taste, but very few actually have. Those connoisseurs will have a definite say about things they like. I heard one of those quote you too, as one of the nice ones. You may not have a great sense or taste, yet, those who are accustomed to you, may seldom miss you. Nowadays, there is a lot of awareness among people about calories intake and exercise and diet. But, you find your place even in their homes too.

Ah! What a joy you always bring!

p.s. Its about Marie biscuit.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Ohhhhhhh!!! RGS.. Just could not guess it.. its Marie biscuit.. wow...

Thats so sweet of you to write about Marie biscuit.

In Telugu the one of the great revolutinary writer "Sri Sri" said - Kadedi Kavithaku anarham.. (there is nothing on which we cannot write poetry )- and you proved it.

3. rgsrinivasan

First of all, thanks a lot for your quick and first feedback to this post, Pallavi. This is just another teaser variety where I wanted to keep it a bit different, making you to keep guessing till the end. Honoured to receive that excellent quote from "Sri Sri". And I like Marie biscuits. :) -rgs

4. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

i wish u leave extra space in between line (so that the last line won't fall in my eyes before start reading/without scrolling)

Jokes apart, should have been more interesting to read, if i didn't read the last line first.

thanks rgs :)

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was guessing for the first few minutes until i read I was surprised to note that you had a christian name... i was sure it was marie since you already described making tea :) marie was my mom's favorite, but she had to give it up later because of health issues...... my FIL is also a great fan of this biscuit.

A nice one rgs!!

Akila

6. rgsrinivasan

I will definitely consider this Sir. Btw, was it not interesting to read, after knowing what it is all about? Thanks for your suggestion. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila. I know that it would be easy to deduce, after mentioning the tea time anyway. Yet, you are too fast and smart. Glad to receive your feedback. -rgs

8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Rgs
    Honestly... your imagination and enthusiasm to write about the most simple, yet taken for granted things amazes me.
    Lucky Marie biscuit.She has found a patron in you and in us too because of you.

regards
    Honeybee

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Honeybee for your appreciation. Just thought of writing such teasers to make readers guessing. Happy to get a little success. -rgs

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

Marie biscuit is a good example for an ordinary being doing extraordinary things. It is a good example for someone to know that you don't have to be popular or highly decorated to do something very productive to the fellow beings. We don't have to be the best in business and as long as we are useful, we serve the purpose.

Viswa