1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Longest Journey By Walk Across The Globe

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

upload_2021-3-18_21-4-35.jpeg

Fantastic to begin at Southend of Africa to end journey in near North Pole. But then, What personal effects one would carry to accomplish the journey. Perhaps one can discover from google.

Flyhigher and vidhyalakshmid like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Required Rate of walking 37.47kms/ 8 hours per day = 4.7 km/hour approx. is easily achievable by young and old, men & women and boys & girls. Refugees when they flee with personal effects could walk at double this rate when threat is after them.

The above estimation is based on normal weather prevailing all through and
    no local skirmishes, custom barriers, barricades, slugfests, Acts of Gos, Force Majeure.

Flyhigher likes this.
  3. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

This guy is walking around the world for 4 years.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks for the informative video exuding kindness to strangers that includes savanna by other countrymen. Language seem to be a no barrier for vagabonds too. Walking is the only exercise simple and holistic for the overall well being. Modern machines and sedantry work and technology replaced natural walking exercise and showcased it in a gym.
    Thanks and regards. The cumulative hours of my walking from my toddler days to this day when computed the result is a mind boggling. I have come round yhr globe over once.
    Regards.

Flyhigher likes this.
  5. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

True there is no language and culture barrier for human kindness. I have experienced this when I was in Denmark.

Cheers to you. Keep walking @Thyagarajan ji

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you.
    2. I was planning to begin to trot the globe but I couldn’t get up from bed that morning. I felt hamstrung by weak left knee where I had minor fracture in August 1978.
    3. It was last working day with my Echolac brief containing monthly salary in cash; a few waiting commuters at a bus stop pushed and rushed over me to catch the double decker that stood little away from the stop. Six weeks bedridden.
    4. But then, I had participated in office sports. It was in a competition. I was watching my friend Keeping His left leg and his spouse right leg inserted into a gunny bag were walking in straight line about 100 meters. They were slow yet careful but was for over seventy five percent of race time they ranked last but at end emerged victorious. The most interesting part was my friend -only a month before recovered from leg fracture.
    Nostalgic because of your last line in FB.

Thanks and Regards.