Long Term Visit Pass Jobs

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by sangrag, Dec 10, 2018.

1. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies!

Holding the long term visit pass for so many years in Singapore doesn't mean that we are doing no jobs, 24/7 at home is a big business, need some changes in life to enrol ourself in job activities not as a career wise, Anyone who are with the same visit pass but still working? I searched through fastjobs, jobstreet, gumtree etc, Looking for the part time assistants, event assistants similar jobs, friends please help us to navigate me to the right option. out of it I am engaged with my passion of art works, music learning etc.

thanks all and very good morning to you!

:cheer:

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

What do you want to do (what are you willing to do) ? How many days a week ? What hours of the day/night ?
    The crucial issue in your situation is the LOC (letter of consent) from an employer who wants to hire you. Only if you have that, you can get a work-pass. People normally compromise on "what & how much of it, they want to do" at the beginning to get that LoC. Once you get this guidance, the rest of it is pretty much up to you, isn't it ? Instead of a specific kind of job, you'll be looking for a specific kind of employer who'd be ready to give you LoC.
    Good luck.

3. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

Any part time who doesn't need Local would be better

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

As I said, you are fishing for a LoC from an employer. Go with anyone who'd give you that, combined with a tolerable working condition, if you really need the money to survive.... i.e., buy rice, tamarind, vegetables, cooking oil, and lentils.

My recommendation would be to get better educational qualifications, especially if you do not need the money from some extra part time work to feed yourself/yourfamily. And then use your educational institution's placement office to place you in employment. This would get you the LoC without having to beg for it. Obviously this is a more strenuous, longer time strategy.

You must come around and post how it all worked out, when it does.

5. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

educational institution placement office - are you saying about Ministry of manpower?

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Oh... I see.

Educational Institution means school, college, or vocational training location.
    Placement office means a job referral service for students of that educational institution.

What kinds of part time jobs do you have in mind ? Go to those places where you might like working, and ask them about it. A direct approach will give you much better, and immediately usable information.

7. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

will do , thank you for the valuable informative help madam