1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long Distance relationships, do they work into good marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Angellheartuk, Oct 24, 2006.

1. SunitaGN

SunitaGN New IL'ite

Re: Long Distance relationships, do they work?

Yes I agree... myself I believe everything in one's power must be done to avoid separate living after marriage.

Before marriage even we had a 4 year long distange relationship (in different countries). I know how difficult it is to be away from your man - the pangs are too real for movies. If trust and commitment are there, then there is no doubt about a lasting relationship. But I think if it was so difficult for me to live apart even before marriage, how much more difficult it will be for people who live apart AFTER marriage! It is indeed too much... Should be avoided.

Sunita

2. vijubalraj

vijubalraj New IL'ite

well all depends on how well you are truthful and committed .it happened that an engagement was broken in our fmly .so it was indeed a very painful situation .but now i feel it is predestined as to whom one spends his or her life .it is praarabda karma .
    we shud learn to geton with life as it comes .
    bye :cool:

3. Falguni

Falguni New IL'ite

HI! This is a very interesting thread.

I would like to add another aspect here. Sometimes, if you venture into a new place and a new environment, things take a different turn. Your feelings, your view of life, etc. changes. Your horizons widen and suddenly you are nor sure if what you already have is the best.

I will give you an example of my friend. She was going out with a guy for nearly 3 years when she went abroad for higher studies. She was determined to stay truthful to her friend. But after seeing an altogether different world, she realised that intellectually they were now on 2 different wavelengths. She could never expect him to understand the kind of world she had seen and lived in.

She had no option but to break-off the relationship. The guy was heart-broken, but if she hadn't done that can you imagine the kind of life they would have led together! There would have been ego problems, and there would be no real conversations, etc.

In this case, it was not a long-distance relationship not working, but there was no common ground left on which to continue the realtionship.

Anyway, that was my take on this.

Regards,

Falguni