1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long distance CRAP

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tulipzz, Jun 26, 2010.

1. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

@curiousgal and compassionasder: Buying bags for a gift was his idea!! My MIL likes bags and so we decided to buy them. I was insisting on buying 'something' because I was taking gifts for my family and MIL,SIL will go mad if they realize we got stuff only for my family. I have 2 younger brothers. Whenever I took anything for them, however small it is, they used to take it very happily. that satsfaction is different. I hate the feeling of "jsut not good enough' even after spending considerable amount of time and energy on buying stuff for inlaws.

@tuliplady: There are several view points which we agree and disagree on. For example, I believe in personal freedom and space. DH agrees to that totally. MIL believes in controlling children. No matter how old the kids are. I was raised to take my own decisions from a very young age. As a result, I am quite independent and more responsible. I do take suggestions from my parents. But they are just suggestions. Coming to what crap is - For example, DH agrees with me here that I'll wear what I want to wear and I need not wait for MIL to approve it. Like a gentleman, who thinks women are equal blah blah here in the UK.....BUT after going to India, the same thing is put as "mom, please leave her, she is not the kind to listen. Her parents raised her like that. Also, some people dont realize you tell them for their own good. Let fools learn from their own mistakes" lol...can you see the difference in the tone ??? I suddenly became a fool just because I wanted to live life my way???

Ladies, there is one thing I absolutely hate. nodding head to mom as though you are a 1st kid. My daughter (who is 2) learnt to say 'no'....my husband still doesnt know how to say it to his mom....

Financial consequences of this nodding business : about Rs 85k in cash and extra gifts and miscl.... (this is just in the last 3.5 months)