1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long distance between husband and wife kill marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nicegirlradhi, Aug 6, 2012.

1. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends
    I have been following this forum for some time and really like this. Im a working girl in mid-twenties and would like to bring to your notice an incident which has happened in Hyderabad and which has also created lot of sensation in Andhra Pradesh. Perhaps this could be an eye opener to somebody who are confused between real love, infatuation and value of the marriage.
    Last week a girl has committed suicide in Infosys campus in Hyderabad. Lot of things are discussed and as usual, media has hyped it like anything. Since the lady is no more, I would not be using any names but alphabets
    X, the lady working in Infosys was found dead on 31 july under suspicious circumstances. Initially it was thought to be suicide, but the family has declared that their daughter is very brave and no reason to commit suicide. Instantly it was hyped and all over the news channels. She is an S/W engineer and has been married to Y for last three years. However, since last one and half years, she was not leaving with her husband as she was onsite in USA and only returned in third week of july this after long gap. In between, after she joined company and before marriage, there was a guy Z in infy who later moved to CTS. Some people say that X and Z are known to each other long time and some say they only met each other after she joined infy. Needless to say the fate turned so bad for her.
    In July 2011, she had been to US onsite from Infy and, Z already there in the same city working for other company CTS. Somehow it is believed that they got together again. However, Z is also in India (police found that they both landed in India same day) only but to get engaged to other girl. In fact, police investigation revealed that X was talking to Z and even mailed him till some minutes before her death. Today morning news channel showed her last mail to Z in which she said, she missed him and want to be with him at least in next life. She also mailed to her husband Y that their paths are different and can’t be happy with him. Such a thoughtful girl X is, that in her last email to husband Y, she even advised him to marry other girl and move on in life. Not just that, X has even indicated how her property like gold, insurance and other things be distributed among Y and X family members.
    I just want to share with everyone how attraction outside can be so lethal not to just one person, but to everyone involved.
    For X, what to say, people are commenting for newspaper articles that she cheated her husband etc…poor soul not even in rest after her death
    For Y, the husband could be a shattered man. Obviously, in the first day media has started targeting that guy that there was some marital discord and that could be the reason for her suicide. It eventually reduced once it came to light that X and Y together were planning move to USA later this month and even booked the tickets
    For Z, obviously the third person, was traced to be in coastal city in AP for his engagement, but im sure with all this, I doubt if his future to be wife will still be ready to marry him
    For parents of X, obviously they lost their child, but it is also believed that the decision to make the patch between X and Y and their travel to US together was planned, indeed forced by them. The funny part is, once the emails of X to Z were out, the family members of X who initially criticized police for their inaction, has requested police to stop further investigation and agreed for the case to be closed as suicide only.

Sorry for the long post but I did this so that this could be an eye opener for those who take marriage relationship as granted and once they realize that they are deep up to their neck emotionally, how bad things could turn out. Really feeling sad for the incident and may her soul rest in peace. I would be grateful if you can also share your views on this...

8 people like this.

2. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

i too read about this case...no offense but i think the entire fault is of the girl. She was married for 3 years and dint find happiness in it. The guy whom she was supposed to have loved was also a sensible man who said no to her (guessing it coz she herself wrote in mail she would be with him in next life) and he came to India to get engaged to someone else;or maybe he was too much a jerk who enjoyed her and went away looking for other options. cant really say much coz we don't know complete details.

Fine she was not happy in the marriage, she could have divorced and looked for someone who she thinks is her Mr.Right, suicide is definitely not an option.

this incident is definitely an eye opener for ladies more so(coz they end up committing suicide) who cannot decide between love/infatuation.

go bless her soul!!

7 people like this.
  3. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

I also read the article... I also read tht her marriage was also love marriage. Dunno y she drifted apart...

But it is still mysterious tht y her sandal n purse were on diff floors..

i pity her husband and mr Z, since people ll look down to them n they ll hv to live their life wid the guilt of losing a person cos of dem... I know they arent the Cause but for an individual who has been close to her tht guilt trip will always be der..

4. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yes, even I have read this newz , its sad that Mr Z just had fun with her though he was not serious, may be X had emotional bonding with him and his engagement to another girl probably broke her heart.
    I pity her poor parents who are the real looser's here, Mr Y though he feels cheated may move on with his life and get married and Mr Z who is he actual culprit will also have his life of his own, X could have been more patient rather than jumping into suicide.

1 person likes this.
  5. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

An eyeopener for parents indeed. They need to check if their daughter is interested in the marriage so that they do not spoil some other guy's life and their own daughter's.

6. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Life is not static. People and their likes/dislikes change. People should be allowed to change their mind without having to prove fault with the other (no contest/irreconcilable differences etc.).

Divorce should be easily available without everybody and his uncle second guessing.

3 people like this.
  7. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Yes this is indeed an eye opener.

Initially at the time when her stay in US is extended, I guess her husband should have discussed with her the priorities. To my opinion the couples can be away from each other for a period of 3 months to be maximum. They should have meet n together for atleast 10 days break. This would have improved their relationship to a great extent.

Now coming to parents, i seriously don't understand how did they allow for them to be away from each other for such a long period??????

8. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Sorry steve but somehow I am unable to digest with your comment that people can change their likes/dislikes over a period of time without any commitment or value. I don’t want to comment on easy divorce part or want to exaggerate as I value relationships. Below is my reasoning.

1. If you are saying that X has changed her liking over a period of time to Z and it should be approved, fine with it.
    2. But this could also be applicable to Z and might be after having some good time in US with X, he might have changed so called likes/dislikes and decided to go his own way(which could be prime reason for X suicide). Then in this case can we say that Z is totally guilt free???

2 people like this.
  9. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

The husband guy had visited her fa her bday n tht time X introduced Z to him.. n also she had cm bck fa time n both X and Y were planning to go back to US together..

10. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

i am not God and don't have any special powers or wisdom to sit in judgement of others. Their guilt, their conscience is up to them and their God.

That being said, yes Z has his options. It's reasonable to think that it's not just Z but both Z *and* X had a good time knowing full well of the consequences. If if one of them reneged, they knew that that was possible.

The suicide is more because of lack of options. If the divorce was easy and the society was more forgiving or if she got some kind of support for her choices, she would be living rt now.

The easier the divorce option is for a woman, the less oppressive the society is! Call it Steve-ism :)